Unofficial: Suggestions, Gameplay Help, and Questions topic.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: Unofficial: Suggestions, Gameplay Help, and Questions topic.

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Or play the bad guys!

Bad guys don't do silly packet AI puzzles, only weird flickering light puzzles! :P
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

I just wondered... phasmatis says that augs are now for veterans, so trest, moderators, most important characters, wcid and firewall agents... yes. But why not any guards? I mean, it would be quite suprise, guard, normal uniform and he has 1 or 2 augs. That would improve gameplay, i think. Like, 1 on 10 guards got vision enhancment, 1 on 15 got combat strengh and speed, 1 on 20 got plasma/balistic shield, 1 on 30 got invisibility. And they would apear just on higher difficulty. I of course don't propose this to be added to game. But what do you think?
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Makes augs a bit too ordinary I think. Even though there are way more nano-augged characters in TNM than there were in DX, we still don't want it to be something everybody has. Augs still shouldn't be something you just go down to the shopping mall to get installed on the weekend, you know?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Yes, but getting one cannister, or two is not a problem, scara and rayan got biiig labs, pdx got jonas(you should put more faith in your skills, ya know :lol: ). And cmon.. a bit too ordinary. Like 10-15% of guards is ordinary? One aug is a bit of help but doesn't make it ordinary. Now augs are just.. not ordinary at all, only ones who got them and we fight with them are wcid agents(pdx) or dxo + firewalls(wc). And who is veteran anyway? Looks like no ordinary people are veterans, just the plot important ones.
And it would be a bit of improvment for gameplay, now when using augs we just worry about biocells. We know that when we are cloacked, no one sees us, when we run on speed aug, no one follow us etc.
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Rex wrote:And cmon.. a bit too ordinary. Like 10-15% of guards is ordinary?
About ten times more ordinary than red hair in humans.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Rex wrote:And who is veteran anyway? Looks like no ordinary people are veterans, just the plot important ones.
Exactly. When you're a veteran, you get a custom avatar, so if you look ordinary, you're not a veteran.
And it would be a bit of improvment for gameplay, now when using augs we just worry about biocells. We know that when we are cloacked, no one sees us, when we run on speed aug, no one follow us etc.
That's the idea. The effects of your abilities need to be generally predictable, or it'll feel unfair when a random guard attacks you or raises the alarm and alerts everybody to your presence because he has the vision aug. It'd be too arbitrary. When you're fighting somebody who looks badass, you'll know to expect that they will probably have different abilities - that a headshot won't kill them, just make them cloak and speed up. There's a visual indicator so you'll know you're fighting somebody special.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Ah, ok. You convinced me. It just was a bit too few people who got the augs.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Small point there.
You would expect AO or Wolfy and such would have augs, being former agents and all (then again, so would Trestkon in the begin then)...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

AO was never a field officer. Wolfy is a dog - assume that the augs are incompatible with his avatar, such is the cost of being a goddamn furry ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

As Phas says in training, when PDXCIS was in operation only mods could have Augs.

[Added:] Or what Jonas said. He's a quick one, isn't he?
Last edited by chris the cynic on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I like your answer too.

There's literally nothing that can't be explained with post-rationalisation. I have the advantage that pretty much anything I say instantly becomes canon as long as it doesn't contradict something already in the game >:D
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Yes, but why don't jonas have augs and weapon? Or just augs. Scara got augs but no weapons. When i was making wc storyline i expected jonas to kill me before i take out weapon and he just "ohh.. lord, take winquman, kill him, pleasee". I was kinda disapointed..

Edit:jonas, turn off this fast-typing aug sometimes.
edit: ROFL ..
Last edited by Rex on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jonas is too much of a pussy to use augs, installing any in himself would be a waste of good nanites.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Not to mention it would be kind of hard operating in yourself, and I doubt he would think anyone else would be "worthy" or good enough to perform such an operation successful but himself.

EDIT:
And if you really want to make "it cannot be done in animals" canon, just add such a line in a certain DXO-email ;).
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Em.. medbot? Or jonas didn't have even basic architecture of biocells..? And how dxo, cult leaders got augs? Who operate on them? We find a cube somwhere mentioning trm, slicer, beefman and someone else i think. And abom? Who made him? Who the hell gived him this pimpass-dmgreducing-megaarmoed-in-rockets suit?

Edit: You talk about blue rat? Maybe he will regain his augs later? He didn't seem augmented as rat.