Unable to enter Llama temple?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Mep_histo
NSF

Unable to enter Llama temple?

Post by Mep_histo »

My goal description of entering the server complex in Goat City suggests to ask the Llamas to help me find it. But I'm unable to enter the temple, getting immediately kind of kicked out again by the game.

Is this by design? If so, a small hint would be helpful. ;)
Mep_histo
NSF

Re: Unable to enter Llama temple?

Post by Mep_histo »

I still cannot enter the Llama temple after finishing the ShadowCode quest, although having been PM-called to come back to Beefman for another quest.
When I try to enter the temple, I get the saving/loading screen pause, then I'm back out again, facing away from the temple. Any help please? :-k
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Check your log file, it will probably complain about some aspect of that map that it can't handle.

Out of curiosity, have you patched your game mid way through at all?
Mep_histo
NSF

Post by Mep_histo »

Thanks! As I mentioned in the N00bz thread, unfortunately I hadn't installed the patch initially, only after playing for like 1 hour in the downtown area.
I'm going to look up the log file then.
Mep_histo
NSF

Post by Mep_histo »

Here's the log file.
I saved in front of the temple, restarted the game, loaded the save, tried to enter, got kicked out, exited the game, got the log.

edit: I have also installed HDTP demo and NewVision.
Attachments
TNM.zip
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I used to have this problem.
First I reccomend trying to cheat your way in "travel 20_llamatemple"

When that didn't work for me, I opened my save file, and deleted the llamatemple part of the save. Worked for me, but I cant guarentee anything.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Mep_histo wrote:I hadn't installed the patch initially, only after playing for like 1 hour in the downtown area.
So you patched half way through?
Mep_histo
NSF

Post by Mep_histo »

Jaedar wrote:I used to have this problem.
Thanks! Did you report it then? And had you installed patch 1.01 right from the start?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Reported it, but the report lies deep within the closed thread since I had the problem before the patch was released. So I was playing 1.0

When i reported it, Jonas said to use "travel 20_llamatemple" cheat. when That didn't work for me, I got creative and removed the part of the save related to the temple.
odio ergo sum
Mep_histo
NSF

Post by Mep_histo »

Jaedar wrote:When i reported it, Jonas said to use "travel 20_llamatemple" cheat. when That didn't work for me, I got creative and removed the part of the save related to the temple.
I tried travel 20_llamatemple, standing in front of the temple, but that teleported me to the subway entrance (like it did for you).
Attached the log for that.

Checked the logs myself, but didn't find an error or anything looking suspicious. I wonder why none of the team members felt like responding in 5 days.
Thank you!
Attachments
TNM_2.zip
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

In that case I would try the following:

1: make a new save, in a new slot
2: Exit the game
3: find the installation folder, and navigate to the saves folder
4: open the folder created by your new save
5: find the file in the savegame called "20_llamatemple" and remove it
6: play game, try to enter temple

The above is what fixed it for me, although it is not perfect, since it will reset the temple.

Also there is another solution to getting into goat city which I beleive should work for you, (again, make save before you try) kill abomination, it should trigger a PM from a goat saying he trusts you. However doing this means you can no longer join the llamas
odio ergo sum
Mep_histo
NSF

Post by Mep_histo »

Thanks, I've already been to Goat City (found the old server complex without help from Llamas). After that i got the PM to return to Beefman, which I cannot do now.

A savegame consists of several files (none of which is named 20_llamatemple), each of which containing several references to the Llama temple. So I'll refrain from editing these I think. Thanks anyway! :)

edit: OK, now I guess there will be one when I save in downtown actually (right now I'm paying DXI level). Still hesitating to delete things ...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

If you make a new save, and delete from that, no harm can be done to your real save :)
Or you could just move it to the desktop, to see if it works.
I wish someone who was a bit more knowledgable about these things could help you :mrgreen:

Or you could make a backup of an old save, and then edit.

Edit: weird, for me a savegame consists of several .dxs files each named after an area in the game I've been to. One of which is named 20_LlamaTemple.dxs :)
odio ergo sum
Mep_histo
NSF

Post by Mep_histo »

Problem solved for now.
After retrieving the fire staff, I got a second PM asking me to return to the Llama temple, and this time I was able to enter. I hope this problem doesn't come back. Thanks to Jaedar!

edit: I may have accidentally skipped a Llama quest due to this problem (Beefman' commentary suggested that). I am now supposed to kill the goats' head. Last quest was to locate the entrance to Goat City. Is there missing one?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Yeah you missed one namely, destroying the melk fountains
odio ergo sum