A few questions about the World Corp Basement

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

RLS
Thug

Re: A few questions about the World Corp Basement

Post by RLS »

I did run into Slicer back at PDX after returning from the Firestaff quest and had a rather strange "conversation" with him. He is unaware that I already did the WC basement quest and left him running around outside the cells. Clearly a minor "bug" here.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Did you disable his laser beams? If they did have dialogue for it, I would assume the trigger would involve something like:

1a: Player approaches Slicer, Slicer requests help= player met Slicer

1b: player approaches slicer who is hostile, no triggering involved because you don't meet him, know who is, or anything... just a hostile guy in a cage who by game logic should be allied.

2ab:Player deactivates beams=player saved Slicer (even if you didn't get the earlier thing of meeting him, and he's still hostile towards you)

2A1: Player frees Slicer, talks to him= some possible convo stuff later about drinks, guns, giving knife back, or whatever.

2A2: Player does nothing = player left slicer to rot= Slicer mad.

3ab: Slicer thanks, article about Trest saving.

3A1: Slicer thanks,above convo stuff included maybe depending on dialogue choices prior, included in article too

3A2: Slicer questions why Trestkon abandoned him.

3C:Player never met/knew about Slicer

Most of the above is just me giving too much details, and wishful thinking of what could have been(prolly not even the right way to do a dialogue tree)... All I know for sure is that there is dialogue for: saving Slicer, and dialogue for: not saving/meeting Slicer. The point is if there was dialogue for abandoning Slicer it would most likely be triggered by Slicer telling you who he is and asking for help; it's not like Trestkon's just gonna say:

"Yeah, I saw you in there but you were running around, setting off those lasers and seemed pissed at me so I just didn't know what to do. I guess the developers weren't expecting that huh?"
RLS
Thug

Post by RLS »

Yes I did disable the beams, Slicer just came out "hostile". Rather than a bug maybe its a feature. It just shows you how torture can destroy a person's mind. Poor Slicer may never be the same again.