Gamespy HQ AI computer

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Thehotdogman
NSF

Gamespy HQ AI computer

Post by Thehotdogman »

I'm looking for the password to the AI computer in Gamespy HQ. The datascreen i found on it tells me the username gs_default_user, and as the password it just says "mash on the number keys in the right order" which could be anything, or i'm missing some obvious clue. In any case, i used to just hack with master skill and be done with it, but at current i'm only at advanced and i don't get special options with that skill level. I don't really want to resort to giving myself the needed 1500 skillpoints to upgrade either, so is there somewhere in the complex where i could find the password? Thanks in advance.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
odawali
UNATCO

Re: Gamespy HQ AI computer

Post by odawali »

Yeah, I had to look in the map file to figure it out.

Apparently "mash on the number keys in the right order" = 0123456789
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Hm, curious i swore i tried that one. As a bit of a nitpick mashing sort of implies just smacking the keypad randomly, whereas the result sort of implies running your finger across the keys. Kinda like how Paul tells you to count backwards for his safe. Meh, i dunno. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Tried it, it didn't work. Did it work for you, or did you just hack it as well? username: gs_default_user and pass: 0123456789 not case sensitive, right? Yeah, no go.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm sorry there are like 4 different computers in the AI module, what storyline are you on and what are you trying to do? You're probably going about it the wrong way.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Wait, which PC are we talking about? That account's for the PC you find on your way back after "freeing" Narcissus, the one surrounded with mini aliens that you use to enable the elevator back up.

If you aren't getting special options after hacking you likely have the wrong terminal.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Oh, i'm sorry i didn't realize there may have been multiple computers to use. i"m simply going off of what i knew from the WC storyline, though looking back that's not the brightest idea.

I'm on the PDX storyline. I'm referring to the computer that's just behind the narssicious (i butchered that) entity. After you kill Kylie, and go stright into the room behind her, there are two bots, a bunch of green chairs surrounding a holographic projection. Behind that is the comptuer i'm talking about.

The only other computer i saw was to the left of that room, a small room on a slightly lower level wherein i found the datascreen for the username and password. I hacked that as well, but there was only an email. Was that the one i was meant to use?

Sorry for not being so clear earlier.
Last edited by Thehotdogman on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You'll be wanting to go down then.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Thehotdogman wrote:I'm referring to the computer that's just behind the narssicious (i butchered that) entity. After you kill Kylie, and go stright into the room behind her, there are two bots, a bunch of green chairs surrounding a holographic projection. Behind that is the comptuer i'm talking about.
Go further back in that room and onto the platform, look down to your right. That's the computer you want. You can jump down or take the vents. You shouldn't need any logins for it. Selecting it will give you the AI packet puzzle.

I can see how it's confusing through: the GS_Default_User account is supposedly for 'the PC in AI operator room', so if players see the terminal behind Narcissus, they see an AI and a PC behind it and assume it's the one.
Last edited by odawali on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Darn. i tried to code in the computer next to the datascreen, and even looked around in the underside of the room with the mini aliens via the hatch. Nothing. i do, however, see a room with a spiderbot and a door from the crawlspace i'm in, but i'm not sure how to get there. The vents only wind around and lead me back to the cargo bay. The AI control terminal... where the hell is that thing... I'm gonna look around a bit more. Thanks again for all your help and patience.

Edit: Oh snap, i found it. It was waaaay down there on the ground floor of that huuuuuugggeee room with that machine where i'd imagine you'd go to merge with the AI. Just past that computer i was mucking around with. I didn't think to look there, as i thought it was just an instakill zone what with all the enemies being bathed in darkness and all. Though i had to fall/jump my way to get there, i got down there all the same. Thanks again for the help. Man that was awesome.
Azeltir
Thug

Post by Azeltir »

One does not simply merge into Narcissus.

I mean, that's heresy, right?

Ben
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Blasphemy. A Blasphemy that the devs were actually considering until Narcissus corrected them.
robocop
Thug

Post by robocop »

On a related note, I eventually made my way down to the bottom of that pit under the Helios infusion chamber, used the computer, solved the (bizarrely easier than the previous) rush hour puzzle, and was told to go to the 'command module' by King Kashue. Where the hell is that? The only thing whose name comes close is the command centre, which has 5 security consoles, none of which I can hack, and none of which I have a login/pass for. I even went back to the docking bay in case I was supposed to hop in my shuttle and fly over to some module, and scouted the other 3 floors as best I could.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It's level 1, check your datavault images :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
robocop
Thug

Post by robocop »

...damn that was fast.