betraying/siding with Llamas AND goats?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

SilverKnight
Thug

betraying/siding with Llamas AND goats?

Post by SilverKnight »

Currently starting on the old server complex/shadowcode mission. Got a couple questions. I'm pretty sure I know how I'm going to go about it, but I've a few questions about how the cookie potentially crumbles.

Is it possible to stay on the good sides of the goats and llamas? Presumably by playing them off each other about the spork-plans. If so, how?
Alternatively, can you screw them both over?
Does being on bad sides with either side prevent you from getting in the basements of their respective temples, or does that naturally happen later? There are augs I want down there.

Thanks in advance

Edit: also found a bug.. Goals still list as 'see evil invasion for black ice reward'. It didn't clear when I got it, conversation doesn't occur again. Pretty it happened because I had a full inventory when he was going to hand over the augmentation.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: betraying/siding with Llamas AND goats?

Post by Jonas »

SilverKnight wrote:Is it possible to stay on the good sides of the goats and llamas? Presumably by playing them off each other about the spork-plans.
No.
Alternatively, can you screw them both over?
Yes, in two different ways.
Does being on bad sides with either side prevent you from getting in the basements of their respective temples, or does that naturally happen later? There are augs I want down there.
You won't be able to get into the Llama basement if you piss off both of the cults, you will be able to sneak into the Goat Templae though. Prior to patch 1.0.2, I believe the only way to get into the Llama basement is to join the Goats, counter-intuitively.
Edit: also found a bug.. Goals still list as 'see evil invasion for black ice reward'. It didn't clear when I got it, conversation doesn't occur again. Pretty it happened because I had a full inventory when he was going to hand over the augmentation.
Thanks! Managed to fix it just in time for patch 1.0.2. It also seems you missed out on 500 skillpoints because of this bug #-o
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
SilverKnight
Thug

Post by SilverKnight »

Jonas wrote:Yes, in two different ways.
I take it you mean besides the foolery with the spork-plans. Could you elaborate?
Jonas wrote:Thanks! Managed to fix it just in time for patch 1.0.2. It also seems you missed out on 500 skillpoints because of this bug #-o
Doh! Well, at least I can cheat those points back. Is that going to cause conflicting quest-flags or some-such down the road?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

SilverKnight wrote:I take it you mean besides the foolery with the spork-plans. Could you elaborate?
Yes. But I'm not going to ;)
Is that going to cause conflicting quest-flags or some-such down the road?
Nah, the flags are all good :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Scotch
NSF

Post by Scotch »

Okay, let me rephrase what SilverKnight has been trying to ask:

Tell me how you screw both of the factions over.

There. Stating it as a command is better that way Jonas can't tap dance around what you are really trying to find out. 8)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Sure I can: No I won't.

That was easy!
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Well, you can either:
1. Give DarkTemplar the fake Super-Spork plans and don't tell Abomination about the location of Goat City, or
2. Give DarkTemplar the real Super-Spork plans and tell Abomination about the location of Goat City.

Those are the two ways I thought of, seeing as each of these actions pisses off one of the cults.
flop_gorkum
Mole Person

Post by flop_gorkum »

then there are more ways, you can just simply kill dark templar to find the opening to goat city
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

You can also give any Super-Spork plan to DarkTemplar, then tell Abomination the Goat City's location and then kill him.

But Jonas said there were only two ways, so I only wrote for the first two that popped into my mind.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well two ways that uh... never mind, clearly there's more than two, I was just thinking of the four major ways to handle that mission without killing or knocking out anybody :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
SilverKnight
Thug

Post by SilverKnight »

Jonas wrote: Thanks! Managed to fix it just in time for patch 1.0.2. It also seems you missed out on 500 skillpoints because of this bug #-o
Hey, what cheat command can I use in TNM to add those points back? The standard DeusEx.JCDentonMale SkillPointsAvail doesn't seem to work. I don't want to superpower myself with allskills, just make up the missing points and proceed as normal.
MICROSHAFT
Thug

Post by MICROSHAFT »

I think if you substitute JCDentonMale with Trestkon it will work. At least it did for the inexhaustible bioenergy cheat.