TNM Fanmade trailer

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Laro24
NSF

TNM Fanmade trailer

Post by Laro24 »

Hi guys, just have finished everything playing TNM, both sides are well made. :) I decide to make an fan trailer because... because the mod is awesome! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ejnytkOro
bAlert=true To ProtocolDescription=Deus Ex Protocol
Credits=500 send to User=Laro24

Xfire=True to User=Laro24
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: TNM Fanmade trailer

Post by Trestkon »

Very nice, Laro :D
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Post by Dark Reality »

If you don't mind an honest critique, I'd say that overall it was alright. The first 1:15 or so was a pretty good setup, although the backtrack through the tunnel was about twice as long as it needed to be to make the point it did. I assume you did the voiceover in the beginning, and at the end, because I didn't recognize the voice from the mod. If not, nevermind. If so, you did a good job of orating the narrative; you sounded maybe a little young, yet fully authorative. It made me wince a little, but it was delivered well. Now the next 2 minutes seemed rather pointless. There were a few good shots, but a lot of unnecessary stuff that neither kept me interested nor informed me about what I was looking at. However, the last reverse tracking shot was pretty cool, so it ended on a positive note.

If you were to touch up this trailer (which isn't necessary, except to fix "Ow one man must chew", as you acknowledged in the comments) I would suggest removing a full minute from the last two minutes, and/or adding some dialog. The eviction line is pretty good, but some parallels to the original DX might have been nice, like some of the more philosophical type lines, or any witty banter that makes it amusing. Shots I'd recommend axing would include any in the dark and any with skipping (less than fluid frame rates).

Overall it's a good effort, but the long tracking shots and the 2 minutes of basically nothing at the end weigh against it, earning it a 6/10 in my book, but also take into consideration that I couldn't do any better myself.

Thanks for sharing!
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

DXNathan wrote:I assume you did the voiceover in the beginning, and at the end, because I didn't recognize the voice from the mod.
That was taken from one of the early edits of the launch trailer, found in the bonus material. It was recorded as a placeholder by Morten Clausen, who also edited the trailer. I linked him to Laro's fan trailer, and I can assure you there was quite a bit of wincing ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Laro24
NSF

Post by Laro24 »

Thanks for the honest reply! =P

I still have the Sony Vegas file on my comp so I can still edit so far.
bAlert=true To ProtocolDescription=Deus Ex Protocol
Credits=500 send to User=Laro24

Xfire=True to User=Laro24
povuholo
Thug

Post by povuholo »

Now, one man must chew... :lol:
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Laro24 wrote:Hi guys, just have finished everything playing TNM, both sides are well made. :) I decide to make an fan trailer because... because the mod is awesome! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ejnytkOro

Nice trailer! :mrgreen:

At the :56 second mark it sounded like chew, was it supposed to be choose? :?
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...