TNM Walkthrough- a WIP

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: TNM Walkthrough- a WIP

Post by bobby 55 »

You just did that to sneak in a putty cats pic. :P

Edit: I just went back for a thorough look, seriously, excellent Hassat.
Last edited by bobby 55 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hahah awesome, nice mix of information and humour. I suggest adding more screenshots showing where to find the more difficult-to-find secrets or illustrating some of the trickier routes.

Also I can't stop myself from mentioning that there's still a secret in the game that nobody has discovered yet. I don't blame you all though, it's fucking ridiculously hidden. It really is a secret, its existence makes no sense within the fiction of the game, which is why I never really liked it, but now I must admit I'm kinda happy that it's remained undiscovered. For the same reason, I'm not giving you any further clues. You're on your own on this one, suckers!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Wait, there's even more to find? Would it be DX related e.g. a person?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:Wait, there's even more to find? Would it be DX related e.g. a person?
More likely, it is something like: frob every cat the game twice then go to Yardbomb's and break into the voodoo room.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hahaha! Would it be that simple though. lol.

Edit: If it's ridiculously well hidden, then an overheard convo wouldn't be a clue, but there's something nagging me about a side quest convo.
Haelu
Mole Person

Post by Haelu »

yes, i'm a dreaded noob. and quite possibly retarded, but
where can i see this walkthrough that you are all talking about??

dan
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Haelu wrote:yes, i'm a dreaded noob. and quite possibly retarded, but
where can i see this walkthrough that you are all talking about??

dan
Hi, welcome to the forums. It's in wiki there's a link on the web site or you can find one in the wiki topic in this forum.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Good one Hassat. #-o Why didn't I think of that?
noone1
Mole Person

Re: TNM Walkthrough- a WIP - 4th quotes game?

Post by noone1 »

hello every body!

well, very nice and immersive mod of DX but, wow, a bit(!) difficult for me as english is not my birth language! any chance to have a multilingual version in 7 years? arf... :-)

so, i post here because my question have perhaps been answered in there but i didn't find it.
I am at the "Llamas, Goats and Server Complexes" developement in the walkthrough, trying to "Give DT fake plans. Tell Llamas where the Goat City is. Resolution: Llama". well, you should add for this: "but do not steal the real ones in abon's office" or not if i am wrong for the moment, lol.

Any case, my question deals with the quotes game of alpha, especially when he ask a 4th question dealing with the games (not movies): at a time he asked me a 4th question, i didn't know how it arrives and did not keep a note of these questions just of the answers : C/A/A, like for the 3rd. but i can't find out to have it again before he says "i've run out of questions". did i mystake and there is no 4th game question or how to have it again?

thx

edit:
walkthrough is also difficult to understand as it is a foreign langage for me, i can't find how to enter the "server complex" of the MiB while still being an allie of both llamas and goats? can you help me...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

noone1 wrote: walkthrough is also difficult to understand as it is a foreign langage for me, i can't find how to enter the "server complex" of the MiB while still being an allie of both llamas and goats? can you help me...
Well no, that's because you can't. Pick one, or kill both, or you won't find the entrance.

Welcome to the forums.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
noone1
Mole Person

Post by noone1 »

Welcome to the forums.
thank you :-)
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: TNM Walkthrough- a WIP - 4th quotes game?

Post by Hassat Hunter »

noone1 wrote:"Give DT fake plans. Tell Llamas where the Goat City is. Resolution: Llama". well, you should add for this: "but do not steal the real ones in abon's office" or not if i am wrong for the moment, lol.
It doesn't really matter if you steal them or not, only if you give them or not. Going down without telling the location even if you didn't get the plans still gives a goalupdate saying Abomination hates you for stealing plans from his office... but if you do tell him the location he doesn't mind you having obtained the real plans :D.
Any case, my question deals with the quotes game of alpha
Well, the answers given are the correct answers. If you answer one wrong it skips to the next "set", so you might indeed skip some questions, since each set contains 3 answers. You can find more info here, including the questions to see if you had everything:
http://thenamelessmod.com/wiki/Quotes_Game
walkthrough is also difficult to understand as it is a foreign langage for me, i can't find how to enter the "server complex" of the MiB while still being an allie of both llamas and goats? can you help me...
As Jaeder already said, you can't stay allied with both. They are as exclusive as PDX and WorldCorp.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Nice walkthrough, helping me out a lot at times.
One question though, on the Space Station on level 1, how/where do you find the login for the master computer (the one you need for Ryan's ending to do something with the leets)?
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Cough