Your most stupid death

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Your most stupid death

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:No I think the one ggrotz mentions is an airlock, and like I described above, it has to kill you or the consistency of the air lock mechanic is fucked up (and we're big suckers for consistency).
Sorry, I know the one now. Once you know that's the deal then there's no problem imo. That doesn't help with the bot, but an EMP 'nade or two fixes his little red wagon. :smile:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

It's a simple equation really. You threaten the consistency of the construct you die.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

chris the cynic wrote:It's a simple equation really. You threaten the consistency of the construct you die.
But if you manage to defeat the construct, you win!
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Servalan
Thug

Post by Servalan »

Well, for the record my single most stupid death was when I was crushed by the elevator at Smuggler's. I pressed the button and just stood there. :roll: Crunch. The fact I'd completed the whole level and part of the previous level without saving just added to the sheer stupidity of it all. Of course, if one stood under an elevator car IRL one would expect to be crushed so it's no big deal in that sense. As for being killed by closing doors...well, maybe door sensor technology was lost somewhere along the line in the DX universe. :mrgreen:
And I hope, and I dream, and I pray
That sometime we'll find a way
JizzyJeff
UNATCO

Post by JizzyJeff »

I park in a parking garage at work that has an elevator with no door sensor. :shock:
My name is not Jeff.
Zeether
Mole Person

Post by Zeether »

I exited and re-entered the parking garage before waiting for Silver Dragon to get there. Got burned to death.
Zodiac
Thug

Post by Zodiac »

In the OSC I set a LAM on the wall so if a Firewall walked past to activate the alarm he'd die, but later on I alerted one and he ran for the alarm. So I fill him with lead before he can get away, but not before he already activated the LAM on the wall. SAAADFAACE.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

I was on a rampage to make all the Firewalls in the city drop their weapons. ( Just punch their arms ). So, along the way, I punched every firewall I saw. So oh-hoho. I went to the Firewall Agent's checkpoint. I punched him. Then, I was about the punch the blue officer when I accidentally punched the Milbot beside. AHHH!!!! (20_FCDowntown)

Next up, was when I first played Deus Ex. I was a coward then, and I didn't dare to venture forth into the NSF base. That meant I was STILL on the dock. I thought "Hey, if I can make the security bot follow me, it'd be great!" So, I went to interrupt the Security Bot's patrol route and he "brought" me to the statue. However, I didn't know there was an NSF Security Bot 3 there. So I thought that was friendly and shot it. Soon, I hid after the Security bot 2. However, NSF's bot killed it. And killed me. What a shame.

Third, was in UNATCO. I was attacking the UNATCO Trooper's then. Also, I think you know that sometimes the Cleaner Bots and invulnerable. So, they were attacking me when suddenly Anna started attacking the Cleaner Bot lolwtf. I went into hiding in Jaime's office. So everyone was out of ammo and was using knifes. So I joined in! However, I accidentally stood on the Cleaner Bot and everyone was knifing me. I died in 22 seconds ( Counted )
OneLastBattleFGJ
Thug

Post by OneLastBattleFGJ »

I died from those stupid doors in the space station. Many, many times.

I was jumping along to speed up my pace, went over a small bump, and presumably tripped and died (it did 50 damage but I was previously wounded)

Death by Red Biocell

I cleared out the front area of WC on day one. After exhausting all my EMP rockets and LAMS on the WC guards, that random Policeman guy in the building across from WC runs out with a pistol, takes a couple shots, hits me in the face, and I die.
Zeether
Mole Person

Post by Zeether »

I have another one.

After uploading ShadowCode into Trestkon I died because I didn't know where the tram doors were and walked into thin air.
XX3
Mole Person

Post by XX3 »

I got death by stupidly shot a rocket to the floor by accident in ABI, after I tried a bit of quad rocket launcher. :P
And accidentaly threw a TNT high on the Slum Subway (when there's lots of TNT near it). Kaboom!! lol.
MTA SA Player (A GTA SA multiplayer mod), TNM & Deus Ex Player.
What to do: Help contributing the wiki. (The King Kashue, Medical bot, and Repair bot screens are taken and cropped by me)
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Let's get theoretical; what would be the most stupid thing someone could do in DX or TNM, the most magnificent error possible?

I think managing to kill Scara B. King completely by accident and getting the Narcissus nonstandard game over would be very impressive. Unfortunately the game normally makes it fairly obvious what actions will harm someone, so accidental deaths in general must be hard to come by.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I wiped out scara's guards and turrents, and accidentally Scara, with a LAM once.

The most stupid death in DX I thought was done by someone I know. He kept trying to kill Paul, the robot, and the trooper on Liberty Island, as if DX was just another generic FPS. Still thinks it's a stupid game.
Allan
NSF

Post by Allan »

Delta2501 wrote:I think managing to kill Scara B. King completely by accident and getting the Narcissus nonstandard game over would be very impressive.
o_0

I just did that with a vortex grenade! :o
Cleaned out the Level 3 labs, thinking "doo-de-doo-de-doo, I wonder is Scara is still here...", opens his office, finds guards, "OH SHI-" *lobs vortex grenade* *V.Gren. gibs everything inside* *takes aug can* -insert death by missionscript here-
Totally agreed with Trestkon about setting Scara to bInvincible=True.
Click, and watch with false amazement as this dragon grows up.
Zaine
UNATCO

Post by Zaine »

Does this count? I wiped out Scara and got sent to the machine with the big speech on why you shouldn't have done that. I then saved immediately over my only save slot thinking I would have to fight him and his speech about me dying was nonsense. It wasn't. Whoops.
You Will Regret This!