Your most stupid death

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Your most stupid death

Post by Jonas »

Um, saving is disabled after you kill Scara, so either you found a bug, or you did not in fact do that.

Bug?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Zaine
UNATCO

Post by Zaine »

I'm not too sure. I thought I saved, must have been my imagination, anyway it still won't beat the time I tried to kill him in the first place. I threw in a LAM and ran in after it. Everything and everyone went everywhere. Including Treskon, Or the time I left my character underwater in the 02 mask in DX. I left my computer to get a snack thinking that I would be quck enough to save JC.
You Will Regret This!
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

You saved?

How did you save? Saving is disabled after you kill Scara.

[Added:]
Sorry, I failed to notice there was another page.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, you could before 1.0.2... or was it 1.0.3? (Or am I confusing it now with Kashue?)

So, someone needs to update his TNM...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I don't believe it's ever been possible to save after killing Scara, you're probably thinking of Kashue.

Then again I may be the one getting it wrong.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Can't find any mention of it in the patchlogs, so I must have gotten it confused with Kashue.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Zaine
UNATCO

Post by Zaine »

i'll Check again.
You Will Regret This!
Servalan
Thug

Post by Servalan »

I've recently picked up an in-progress game (after being away from TNM for a while). Just now I managed to die near ABI. I chose to deal with the wolves with a molotov and as I was watching them burn I moved around to a better viewing angle...and fell into a crevasse. :roll: Truly dumb.
And I hope, and I dream, and I pray
That sometime we'll find a way
Matoro
Thug

Post by Matoro »

My stupid death was before meeting that Zero dude, I got smashed by a door after opening it. It was at the place right after you get the Aug canister. Dumb door. It should come with a warning label, Saying: "When you press this button, make sure you stay clear from the door."
Zaine
UNATCO

Post by Zaine »

I found my save file. I got it wrong. I saved after I threw the LAM (I think). Scara wasn't dead then. He only got vaporised when I opened the save file. I don't know why I saved. I became a fine swiss pate afterwards. I got it totally wrong there, sorry. The narcissus thing was on a different playthrough when I didn't save and didn't die.
You Will Regret This!
PsychotiK
Thug

Post by PsychotiK »

Just started playing the TNM mod (so far, my impression of it has been impeccable), and so, after talking to Phasmatis, I snuck down to the basement (avoiding contact with the guards). After killing the one patrolling the basement, I noticed the spiderbot. Stupidly failing to realize exploring the last room on the right would make me discover scrambler grenades, I tried to use the explosive crate instead. I place it in the room and as a I turn. Boom!! A security guard from upstairs misses me (I'm standing in front of the crate) and hits it instead, blowing us all to kingdom come. Lovely.

Still doesn't beat my DX one, though.
"Jump. You can make it!" - Bob Page, in the Area 51 Bunker level.
Screw you, Bob Page. Screw you.
doctor_kaz
Mole Person

Post by doctor_kaz »

I frequently shoot boxes and crates on hard to reach shelves to see if there is anything in them before wasting my time trying to jump up to reach them. At least a few times, I have attempted to do this with the assault rifle with the grenades loaded in and I have blown myself up instantly.
LTNObvious
Thug

Post by LTNObvious »

In Despot's apartment, I found the red greasels after getting out of the axe trap. I was backing away while shooting them. The trap was behind me. I ran backwards into an axe and died.

Silver Dragon lit me on fire when I tried to punch a WC goon to death.

I searched someone I lit on fire :twisted:

I forgot to crouch throw the explosive crate in Phas's apartment. At least I opened the door.

In DX, I blew both my legs off in Battery Park's subway station while trying to get closer. The entire subway station blew up, and so did both of my legs. I managed to crawl all the way to the Free Clinic and heal up :D
~Rob "LTNObvious" L.
Robd
Thug

Post by Robd »

The axes at despot's apartment made me retry like 20 times... I'm good at this game but my timing/obstacle course skillz fail hard
I'm too cool for a signature, that's my signature 8)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I find it's easy if you hug one of the walls and move sideways past the axes. And quicksave after each axe, then you can do it by trial-and-error if all else fails ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine