TNM 2.0 fails to launch with "can't bind to native class" error

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
MirceaKitsune
Mole Person

TNM 2.0 fails to launch with "can't bind to native class" error

Post by MirceaKitsune »

Hi. I heard about the new TDM 2.0 release and wanted to try out the new redesigned maps. I downloaded it from the ModDB page (Sep 3 2022) and installed it on top of my standard DX install. The install was successful but when I try launching the mod I get this error on startup:

It's worth mentioning I use Linux (Manjaro KDE) so I run DX and mods via WINE. Other mods work fine (GMDX, Nihilum, etc) and I know I successfully played TNM 1.4 on Linux in the past: It's only the new TNM version that does this.

Could it be related to how I'm launching the mod? I even tried the following command which was required by other mods to detect the proper configs, but neither that nor simply launching TNM.exe normally will work:

Code: Select all

wine ./TNM.exe INI="TNMDefault.ini" USERINI="TNMDefUser.ini"
MirceaKitsune
Mole Person

Re: TNM 2.0 fails to launch with "can't bind to native class" error

Post by MirceaKitsune »

Anyone have any thoughts on this please? I tried taking a look again and discovered an important detail: Everything seems to start from a missing library called MSVCP90.dll: I have a lot of MSVC*.dll files in the DeusEx/System directory just not number 90, I take it TNM might have forgotten to include this dependency in the 2.0 installer? Here is the fully log by WINE:

https://pastebin.com/dec9E232

The strange thing is I found the library elsewhere and put the file in the system directory, even copied all of them there (msvcm90.dll, msvcp90.dll, msvcr90.dll). The issue is unaffected though, it keeps saying it doesn't see the file at all. And yes the K:/ letter and rest of the path is correct, checked in winecfg too. I even tried editing manifest.ini to include it and that did nothing. What do you suggest and suspect is causing that dll to not be found?