Sound is staticky...

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Gadget
Mole Person

Sound is staticky...

Post by Gadget »

Well I was playing The Nameless Mod for a while, and I quit out because I had a bug where my heath would flash black and constantly without going to green to my full health and whenever I got a new kind of information box/new data/items picked up info box, they wouldnt disappear. Then I quit out of the game and re-opened it and everything was just fine, even the framerate was normal, but I had one problem. Everyones voices sounded very staticky and even in the background noise I heard a very faint sound of static. My question is how would I fix this problem?? I quit out a few times and tried going back in and it still does it. It was working just fine earlier, until I randomly got the GUI bug I was experiencing, which went away when I quit out.

I am using the disc version of Deus Ex, on my dual core Vista laptop, and I DONT have any other mods installed. I tried running it on one processor as well and it still does the same thing. It doesnt run too fast thankfully but still, I would like to be able to play through this mod without this annoyance.

It works just fine on my P4 Windows XP Desktop but I am away from home and would love to enjoy this mod more when im on the go. Any ideas how to fix this myself? Or is this a bug that might be fixed in the next patch?

On a side note, I loved playing this and everything is top notch. Very well worth the wait :)

EDIT: Weird, after quitting in and out several times, I decided to run fraps and was going to make a video of the issue I was having and all of a sudden my sound is just fine...
It's kinda weird that it is working suddenly, but I'm not complaining.
Uskebasi
Mole Person

Re: Sound is staticky...

Post by Uskebasi »

Well I was playing The Nameless Mod for a while, and I quit out because I had a bug where my heath would flash black and constantly without going to green to my full health and whenever I got a new kind of information box/new data/items picked up info box, they wouldnt disappear.
I also have this kind of problem, but I didn't find solution. I reinstalled DX, installed latest patch and then TNM, but problem is still there. Also (probably related to this), sometimes messages in the upper part of the screen are difficult to read due to some kind of flickering.
Here's image of that problem
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6627/tnm1.png
Health changes color from green to red (very fast) and message text flickers. Is there solution for this?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Could you guys try switching to the Direct3D renderer? Possibly even installing Chris Dohnal's DirectX9 renderer if you have the guts:

http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Uskebasi
Mole Person

Post by Uskebasi »

I don't know how I fixed it, but now it's everything ok. I ran DX in safe mode couple times ("changed" 3D video device to Direct 3D although that was already selected) and now TNM works perfectly.
Anyway, thanks for quick replay ;)
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

The sound is "staticky" whether I use the openGL or a direct 3D renderer, but only when somebody activates his aug while I'm making a sound too (like, shooting him).