Excavation elevator

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
JC_Helios
X-51

Excavation elevator

Post by JC_Helios »

Basically I took an explosive crate with me down into the ruins and the elevator stopped where it is in the screenshot. I thought it might have been intentional and I was just missing something, so I continued on(ghost cheat). Unfortunately after finishing up in the ruins and activating the elevator I just get stuck in 'cinematic' mode looking at the ceiling waiting for the elevator that never comes.
EDIT:
I also noticed when trying to load my quicksave that it got nuked*. I saved either right after the fire staff opened the two steel doors, or after I had already been knocked out and woke up trapped. I uploaded the save too just in case you can see what went wrong, 10mb compressed into 3mb. Judging by the missing files it seems that the old maps get destroyed so that they can be replaced with the altered maps which causes trouble if you then save and reload before leaving the ruins?

*(I start out at the map entrance sort of slowly floating with no augs at all. if I go back to the other map I can move freely and have the light aug, but all triggers/flags and such seem reset as if I'm starting a new game. My inventory and the map I was currently in seem to be the only things which are mostly unchanged)
Attachments
Shot0176.jpg
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: Excavation elevator

Post by JC_Helios »

Well I managed to salvage the save as best I could without being a TNM developer and knowing ALL the flags I'd set. One thing though.... Anyone remember the cheat to add skillpoints? or set your available skillpoints? I don't want allskills....
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

This has disaster written all over it.

Do you have a save from before going into DXI? I think you'll have to do that entire part over.

I can replicate the bug you describe, it's definitely due to bringing a crate. I'll look into a possible solution for this, it may be possible to quite simply destroy anything you're holding before you hit the mapexit.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Closest save I have is from just before telling Abom about the goat city :( I was going to continue my save, but some of the quirks of my broken save are very annoying(No one except the DXO guys and hostages were in the slums, both WC and PDX are allied with me, people I've met before introducing themselves to me, etc.) I'll probably go back to that old save, or wait for the patch and start anew.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

For the record the elevator stopping is super easy to fix so you can expect that at least to be fixed in the next patch. We're looking into the savegame issue but that has the potential to be a lot more of a problem
[]KAOS[]Casey
Thug

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

set trestkon skillpointsavail #
I have seen code that has surely darkened my soul within the depths of the unreal engine itself.
Shameless plug for Unreal 227 patch : http://www.oldunreal.com/
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

That won't really help all his other problems though. It sure won't restore his flags.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine