TNM With Xbox Controller

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Kyd E. B.
Mole Person

TNM With Xbox Controller

Post by Kyd E. B. »

Hello everyone. I was thinking about playing TNM with an Xbox controller, as you may or may not have guessed from the title. Has anybody played it with any pad or are we all believers in the traditional old keyboard and mouse? If anyone can help me set it up from scratch that would be great!

I'm sure this has been said countless times but I just want to say good work on the game. Recent games have been either too simple or unnecessarily complicated. TNM hits a sweet little balance that doesn't ask too much of a player yet offers everything. I hope you guys crank out a game each decade from now. :smile:
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: TNM With Xbox Controller

Post by bobby 55 »

Wouldn't you need an X360? I think they're for use with Windows 7 and Vista though. That's about as much as I know.....sorry.

Edit: Don't know if this will help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1rqRMsK3fE
Last edited by bobby 55 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Thanks for dropping by, Kyd!

To be honest, I have absolutely no clue how to setup Deus Ex to work with an X-Box controller. Maybe there's some kind of third party program that will tell you how the button presses are being mapped so you can change them.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

There's a program called JoyToKey. Basically what it does is convert gamepad input into mouse\keyboard input, so you can map all your gamepad buttons into keyboard buttons.

However, I don't think there're enough buttons on the Xbox controller to make TNM fully playable (augs, menues, plus basic control input), but you may want to play with a handicap, so just try and see what suits you best.
Kyd E. B.
Mole Person

Post by Kyd E. B. »

Thanks I'll look into that JoyToKey once the holidays are over. As far as I remember it's possible to assign one or more keys as a toggle button, so there should be enough buttons in total to play TNM, even if it is a bit tricky at first.
zelda
Mole Person

Post by zelda »

Kyd E. B. wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:47 pm
Hello everyone. I was thinking about playing TNM with an Xbox controller, as you 2048 cupcakes may or may not have guessed from the title. Has anybody played it with any pad or are we all believers in the traditional old keyboard and mouse? If anyone can help me set it up from scratch that would be great!

I'm sure this has been said countless times but I just want to say good work on the game. Recent games have been either too simple or unnecessarily complicated. TNM hits a sweet little balance that doesn't ask too much of a player yet offers everything. I hope you guys crank out a game each decade from now. :smile:
I appreciate how this article provides multiple perspectives on the topic at hand, allowing me to form my own opinion.
Aleena
Mole Person

Post by Aleena »

Hey there! Playing TNM with an Xbox controller can truly transform the gaming experience. While some prefer the traditional keyboard and mouse, a controller can offer a whole new level of immersion, especially for specific games.

Setting it up usually involves connecting the controller to your PC and configuring the controls within the game settings. There are fantastic online tutorials that walk you through this process step by step.

By the way, the Xbox 360 Controller Dual Shock, which I purchased from shoppersstop.pk, has been an absolute gem for me! It's comfortable, responsive, and has significantly enhanced my gaming experience. Just a heads-up, shoppersstop.pk is a Pakistan-based online shopping platform. Fellow Pakistani gamers interested in using a controller might find it worth exploring!