DXO Hideout

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

DXO Hideout

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Well, apparently, this might teach me not to cheat. But well, in DXO Hideout, if you ghost, the game "Crashes". Actually, it still runs, and the animations are still moving but you can't move the player. I've tried this in both my netbook and pc, and both crashed. I've also reinstalled the game. Care looking into this? I'm using GOTY DX from Steam btw.
TNM.log is coming soon :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: DXO Hideout

Post by Jonas »

No.

It crashes because the level has too much detail crammed into too small a space for the engine to handle. It's no problem as long as you stay within the level, so there is zero, naught, zilch, nada reason for us to spend any time fixing this - especially as it would require recreating the map to be less detailed or take up more space.

My advice to you: don't ghost out of the game world. DXO isn't the only map in TNM that does this.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

DXO IS the only place that does this, tried this on all the maps just now, and worked.

EDIT: That taught me to not cheat. lol, as i was trying to find a way to get past C0mpud0c.( i was playing on WC)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Boltersdriveer wrote:DXO IS the only place that does this, tried this on all the maps just now, and worked.
Did you try it in 20_OSC02?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I remember it being an issue in the exterior ABI map, and especially the ducts around the shadowcode area. I hope those aren't spoilers (please edit out if they are). Nothing that can be done about it really, without rewriting Deus Ex or making TNM worse.

Ghosting is fine as long as you don't go out of the area, but save in those areas before doing it of course :)
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

If you get a betta PC, it wouldn't crash.. chances get lowered. But either way, Jonas is right, it's not there fault :p
Theshadots
NSF

Post by Theshadots »

Hint you can ghost but never look into the back totally or it will crash or freeze just dont cheat
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Tried on OSC 20, ghosted all around the map. I tried on everymap, like i said. And only DXO was the place that crashed. I don't mind though. I was just wanting to do it the easy way without having to fight mole and his flamethrowar.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

There's no such thing as OSC 20. They're talking about 20_OSC02, which I can assure you I has the very problem you're describing. I learned that the hard way in beta when a bug was making it nigh impossible to progress without using ghost.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

chris the cynic wrote:There's no such thing as OSC 20. They're talking about 20_OSC02, which I can assure you I has the very problem you're describing. I learned that the hard way in beta when a bug was making it nigh impossible to progress without using ghost.
... It's what i'm referring to ( Quite obvious actually -,-)
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Boltersdriveer wrote:
chris the cynic wrote:There's no such thing as OSC 20. They're talking about 20_OSC02, which I can assure you I has the very problem you're describing. I learned that the hard way in beta when a bug was making it nigh impossible to progress without using ghost.
... It's what i'm referring to ( Quite obvious actually -,-)
No, it isn't obvious because every OSC map is in mission 20. There's no reason that OSC 20 couldn't refer to 20_OSC01, 20_OSC03 or 20_OSC04.
oggy12
UNATCO

Post by oggy12 »

Websites is normally bogged off by means of untrue blog without having any substantial subject matter however, the key content was first terrific and additionally sensible all the look at. With thanks just for stating this approach by himself. best pickleball paddles
oggy12
UNATCO

Post by oggy12 »

You could be allowed to put up manufacturers, except for shortcuts, in the event that they've been recognized not to mention concerning content. Betaalbare taxi in Mechelen
jubalhenry
UNATCO

Post by jubalhenry »

Freezing consideration perhaps it is an understanding to create could possibly help everybody else is having troubles searching though My group is some unclear a lot more i am permitted to get details and even communications information at these. lost keys
jameseso113
UNATCO

Post by jameseso113 »

Wonderful posting, Thanks a ton to get spreading The following awareness. Wonderfully authored posting, doubts all of blog owners available precisely the same a higher standard subject material just like you, online has got to be improved site. I highly recommend you stay the best! trading platform