Stuck on vent

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Vipus
Mole Person

Stuck on vent

Post by Vipus »

Ok, this might seem a rather stupid problem, but I'm really needing some help.

While playing TNM I noticed that I CAN'T pass through any vent openings that involves climbing a ladder. It's a fanny thing, because I've never had this problem playing DX.
Here's a screenshot to make things more clear

In one of the cases, in the Sewers, I literally got stuck on a vent - Not even being able to go back the way I entered thee vent.
I've tried everything, but I can't pass through those openings - The only solution is to use a no_clip cheat to cross it, but I figured there must be less drastic solution.

So, does someone know how to solve this?

Before you ask: Yes, I have the latest patch of DX and TNM and I am not using any other mods - Also, I've already tried reinstalling both games.

Thanks
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Stuck on vent

Post by Trestkon »

I assume you've already tried holding crouch when you get to the top of the ladder?
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Vipus
Mole Person

Post by Vipus »

Yes... many, many times...
I've changed the crouch key to "Ctrl" by the way. Might not be the cause of my problems, thought...

EDIT:
Well, this is a lot embarrassing but... I have found a solution to my problem.

As it seems, I have to crouch *before* touching the ladder... yeah, I know...

I'm sorry, I'll try even more things before start posting here again...

Thanks
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Vipus wrote:Yes... many, many times...
I've changed the crouch key to "Ctrl" by the way. Might not be the cause of my problems, thought...

EDIT:
Well, this is a lot embarrassing but... I have found a solution to my problem.

As it seems, I have to crouch *before* touching the ladder... yeah, I know...

I'm sorry, I'll try even more things before start posting here again...

Thanks
Hey, don't worry about it. That's seems odd, I'm pretty sure I crouch while on the ladder...but maybe I'm just so used to it I don't notice!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Theshadots
NSF

Post by Theshadots »

Don't Worry Deus Ex is an older game so you may find a bit of things that are odd or are mist up

I got stuck on a vent in TNM so i ghost through it and when pressed walk I got rushed I found it was to small for me fail ^ ^
ecs
Thug

Post by ecs »

ECS offers the best Women Shoes Online in Pakistan. Explore the best shoes for women like heels, slippers, sandals, khussa, and many more online at ECS. Order your favorite women's shoes online at reasonable prices.
houseofflowers
Thug

Post by houseofflowers »

Explore our colorful birthday flowers, make birthdays memorable. These flowers, which were lovingly chosen and skillfully arranged, express your heartfelt wishes. Celebrate their big day with the joy and beauty of nature as a present.
servis shoes
Thug

Post by servis shoes »

Are you in search of the best women sneakers in Pakistan? Servis provides wide range of the latest women's sneakers in all over Pakistan. Grab your favorite women's sneakers online at reasonable prices with fast delivery.
ammarakhan
Thug

Post by ammarakhan »

Ammara khan offers the best new trouser design online in Pakistan. Our products are made from high-quality materials. With our wide selection and fast delivery, Ammara khan will be the best destination for your online shopping needs.
Borjan
Thug

Post by Borjan »

Borjan offers the best quality Women Shoes online in Pakistan. We provide wide range of women shoes in all over Pakistan at the best prices. So, grab your favorite shoes for women today and enjoy.
Shahtaj_Qaiser
Thug

Post by Shahtaj_Qaiser »

Discover the top ladies clothing brands in Pakistan. we offer trendy outfits for women. From casual wear to formal dresses, Shahtaj Qaiser offers a wide range of quality fabrics, unique designs, and stylish patterns. Shop now!
Mohagni
Thug

Post by Mohagni »

Explore our collection of Stylish Trouser Design and stay ahead of the latest trends. If you're looking for comfortable trousers, sophisticated suit trousers, or timeless designs, our selection offers the best trousers for every event. Uncover an exhibition of colors that fits your style and make a lasting impression.
raffatlaw
Thug

Post by raffatlaw »

Searching for a best divorce lawyer in Rawalpindi? Our experienced legal team is here to provide empathetic and professional assistance during this challenging time.
Jazmin Clothing
Thug

Post by Jazmin Clothing »

Follow the trend and upgrade your look by shopping at Jazmin. Explore the wide range of the latest winter dresses at Jazmin. So grab your favorite dresses today.