Frame rate dies when the menu is open

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Zaydin
Mole Person

Frame rate dies when the menu is open

Post by Zaydin »

So, I just downloaded and installed TNM, since I had heard good things about it, fired it up... and as soon as the menu is open, the frame rate dies. The mouse stutters around, and menu options take forever to react when I actually manage to position the mouse properly. I tried setting the affinity to a single processor for my CPU to see if that would work, but it didn't. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I managed to launch the tutorial, and the frame rate seemed fine there; it's just when the menu is open that I get this massive slowdown. It also happens when I open up my inventory or database in game.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Re: Frame rate dies when the menu is open

Post by G-Flex »

What sort of menu background do you have set? Snapshot seems to cause a bit of slowdown for me, for some reason.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hmm I think you best bet might be to try to switch renderer. The instructions are in the manual under troubleshooting. You could also try to download the D3D9 or 10 renderers and using them, but I dunno, it sounds weird if you're only getting slow-downs when a GUI is open.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Zaydin
Mole Person

Post by Zaydin »

Okay, I found the problem. The Game Engine was set to software rendering, so I copy/pasted the first option in the troubleshooting section into its place, and the stuttering is gone now. No idea how that happened, but thanks; can't wait to give this a try. Heard a lot of good things about it.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I hope you'll like it :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador