Game suddenly disables widescreen

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Deauth://
Mole Person

Game suddenly disables widescreen

Post by Deauth:// »

As the title says, I was playing TNM (I am already addicted, ye-e-e-sss :mrgreen: ) , and was in a menu (pause menu), when suddenly the resolution dropped from 1366×768 (Which I had achieved by installing it on a copy of DX with the DEWU widescreen utility) to 640×480. When I tried to change the resolution from the display settings menu, the 1366×768 setting wasn't there. However, when I ran the actual Deus Ex, it started in the widescreen.

Any help on getting back 1366×768?
ggrotz
X-51

Re: Game suddenly disables widescreen

Post by ggrotz »

Part of the reason why the different utilities have been created like the one you mention, Kentie's Loader or my own is that settings like this can't usually be handled from within the executable itself. What they all do is write these new settings to DeusEx.ini and as long as you don't touch the display settings within the game you'll be fine.

Of course, there's an outside possibility that your driver might not really support it, but if you can set the desktop to widescreen you should be able to run Deus Ex in widescreen too.

Basically, get the widescreen settings going in your INI files and then don't touch the display settings within game and you should be fine.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Game suddenly disables widescreen

Post by bobby 55 »

Deauth:// wrote:As the title says, I was playing TNM (I am already addicted, ye-e-e-sss :mrgreen: ) , and was in a menu (pause menu), when suddenly the resolution dropped from 1366×768 (Which I had achieved by installing it on a copy of DX with the DEWU widescreen utility) to 640×480. When I tried to change the resolution from the display settings menu, the 1366×768 setting wasn't there. However, when I ran the actual Deus Ex, it started in the widescreen.

Any help on getting back 1366×768?
To get my native 1920X1080 I just edit the TNM ini. Using Kentie only seems to change Deus Ex's resolution but editing the ini makes it permanent in TNM. As ggrotz alluded to there's no need to alter the resolution via the menu after the ini is edited to your numbers/liking.

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=624
WindowedViewportY=442
WindowedColorBits=32
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional