Music glitch - WTF is happening? [TNM 2.0]

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
PissAccount
Mole Person

Music glitch - WTF is happening? [TNM 2.0]

Post by PissAccount »

Playing TNM 2.0 with Revision beta branch via Steam launcher.

Once a music track loads, it never unloads when I go through a loading zone to an area with different music. It only changes in conversation or in battle, at which point that particular track refuses to unload until I get into a different conversation or battle theme. This glitch is so pervasive, I can summon any track I want into any area I want by going to an older save, entering a specific area, and then going back to my most recent saves and that music will play no matter where I am. I found that if I save and reload, the music "corrects" itself by not playing any music at all. So I suppose I could "fix" this glitch by saving and reloading every single time I'm about to enter an area with its own music (and even then it still doesn't fix the battle or conversation themes).

BTW, this is not an options-dependent glitch or anything. If I go back to older saves everything functions normally. At some point in the sewers once I got to the red room with the 3 red spiders the music changed to the intro theme. I thought this was intentional, and now i'm stuck with this glitch. I'm not undoing all that progress. It is very unfortunate because this mod's soundtrack is phenomenal.

Can anyone explain what might've caused this?