Training mission script stuck on book reading

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
r00tb33r
MJ12

Training mission script stuck on book reading

Post by r00tb33r »

I've read the book like 10 times, by using the "use" key and page flipping keys. I eventually destroyed the book with the fists... Still the goal won't clear. I'll restart the training mission and see what happens.

[UPDATE]
No go.

[SOLUTION]
Quit and start the game again. (Variable not re-initialized on training mission start?)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Training mission script stuck on book reading

Post by Jonas »

Glad you found a solution. What was the goal that wouldn't clear? Did you simply not get the PM from Phasmatis upon frobbing the book?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

Jonas wrote:Glad you found a solution. What was the goal that wouldn't clear? Did you simply not get the PM from Phasmatis upon frobbing the book?
Yeah, learning to read the multipage book. Normally Phasmatis PMs as soon as you look at the first page I believe, that time I got stuck. I eventually started punching the book and destroyed it.
Possible causes are:
I have toggled the switch/lamp several times
Excessive punching of plant pots/vases

The odd thing is when I simply chose the training mission from the main menu again, I got stuck in the training mission in the same very spot.
Also I'd think it would be nice to set goal critical objects indestructible for obvious reasons, but it didn't seem like a problem that particular time.
I'm also not sure how to reproduce this bug.
number9dream
Mole Person

Post by number9dream »

I had the same problem with reading the book not triggering the PM (although the goal said to approach the ATMs). It worked after a restart.