Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
BoneofMalkav
Thug

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by BoneofMalkav »

I actually experienced 1 bug that I NEVER thought would be possible. Working for PDX,I got walked into Sol's Bar talking to Kyllie and randomly she told me "Trestkon,You're going to love my nuts." Her model changed into Vince (shamwow and SlapChop fame) she then walked away constantly saying like she experienced a bug herself saying "nuts.nuts.nuts." over and over again....I'm starting to think my copy of Deus Ex is trying to tell me something.
Existence is overshadowing.Severance is forbearing. Difference is continuous. Self Destruction is imminent. Pain brings dreams to closure. Death brings Life to those unchanged by the Hues of Madness
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Baleout wrote:No - when you actually do have space. They drop on the floor, and I pick them up from the floor.
Hmmm... odd.

Anyway, continuation of my bug-list:

Day 3:
* DD recording "Conversation censored" misses VO (or is it not supposed to have any?).
* Molotov cocktails have a capacity limit of 10, yet you can still create new ones, who never turn up in your inventory however, just wasting chemicals and wine. Maybe up the limit/disallow creating more cocktails when reaching the limit?
* Space station (level 2): Droid beneath AI, with all the mini-aliens (not one of the spiderbots!) crashes the game if he is hit by a scramblenade or if it kills you (possibly also blowing it up there; unconfirmed though) in the room where you lower from the stairs, while it patrols the next room. If it's hit with a scramblenade or kills you in the room it patrols in the game keeps working just fine.
* Kylie's body (in the space station) cannot be picked up?
* You can get the PDX ending while the station blows up (Ryan ending) by banning Scara. But the station remains intact? Probably if you ban Scara at that point he should just be removed from the Ryan endscene (if possible), otherwise you probably shouldn't be able to ban Scara then...
* The endscene still plays if you're dead (Kill yourself during the Scara PM) 0_0
* With the 1.0.1 hotfix, the credits can only be played ONCE per PC reboot. Easiest way to see this is run the credits, then click credits in the main menu when it loaded again. The game will crash. Reboot your PC and try again; now it works once again.
* Ryan ending: He mentions the door to the spaceship is closed, but it actually isn't. Also when you do close and open the doors, nothing happens (no quest update etc.)
* Trestkon has no lipsync during the Ryan ending.
* Ryan ending: Not sure if it's a real bug, but going up the stairs and ladders from level 4 is already a MAJOR pain without being blown randomly around. I had to use quicksave when reaching the next ledge up, and then quickload everytime a random explosion blew me down again. About 10 quicksaves, 40 quickloads where needed just to get the hell up. Maybe start the blowing up, throwing around AFTER you reached the room where the hologram is nearby?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

On the failure to pick up bug, one instance is in ABI: There's a dead guard which always drops a medkit when you 'use' his corpse and says you have too many to take it, regardless of how many you have. If I remember right, he's near the disassembled robots, but I'm not certain.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Day 2, in the basement that doesn't exist in WorldCorp - you can upload the virus to Black Ice once more, and get 500 skill points for that. Nifty.
Moreover, in the prison section, one of the datacubes isn't on the wall, but on the floor, halfway through the wall.
Also, somewhere along the line I picked up an OLD naplam canister. I'm pretty sure it's before I got the gibinator battery from Alpha Operator, which limits the places to look in to DXI and, well, everywhere on day 1. Sorry I can't be more specific, I haven't noticed it until I accidently went into the ammo inventory.

And it probably belongs in the suggestions topic, but anyway - Deus Diablo's Fire Blade is overpowered, and I have no problem with that. I have a problem, however, with its price tag. It should at least be 5000 credits for a weapon that does 100 damage in 1 hit, continuous fire damage, and takes less space than the quad rocket launcher or the naplam launcher, even though it combines both of them (minus being a ranged weapon). Also, that should solve the problem many players have with the "extra credits".

Edit: Also, in the sewers of day 2, there's a broken ladder - it's just half-way through the wall, making it unclimbable, and can get you stuck. It's in the section where you can look up and see trees through the vent.
And, where did Dr. Dumb Lunatic went to? I tried killing him in day 1 and he disappeared for no appearant reason, then I tried letting him live and he still disappears. Seems a little bit funky, but maybe intentional.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

• New Server Complex Side Quest: Right now I'm pretty sure there's no way to raise Jim's salary on untrained hacking skill for two reasons. One, T.B.Good's password isn't available in the game. Two, I looked in the map file and it seems the login/password is TBGood / StupidFrickinFirewalls (funny reference to the conversation he has with firewall agent above cafeteria). The problem is even if that info were available, it can't be used because the password field on the login interface won't allow such a long word to be entered.
  • WC Secret Basement Level: These doors have a high tendency to go poltergeist with the cleaner bot getting stuck, they keep opening and shutting forever. The trooper can get stuck too when he tries to come out after seeing you.
Hassat Hunter wrote: * Molotov cocktails have a capacity limit of 10, yet you can still create new ones, who never turn up in your inventory however, just wasting chemicals and wine. Maybe up the limit/disallow creating more cocktails when reaching the limit?
I was about to post this too. It'd be nice to get a message saying you can't make/carry more molotovs.
Hassat Hunter wrote: * With the 1.0.1 hotfix, the credits can only be played ONCE per PC reboot. Easiest way to see this is run the credits, then click credits in the main menu when it loaded again. The game will crash. Reboot your PC and try again; now it works once again.
I was able to play it twice. (1.0.1 + DXOggChocobo2)
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Ah, I was just using the dxogg DL from the main site, not the "experimental one". Gotta try that one.

Started a second game, new bugs found (day 1 again, WC-storyline):
* First convo outside; if you talk to the woman instead of the guy; you can no longer innitate conversation with him.
* Doors you can break down with a simple sword: Cantina near Llama temple, and the door of the appartment of which you get the safekey there, locker in WC Lobby security room.
* Altough most quests that you complete before you start work fine (Llama hostage, hidden loot) the "Get Disk" mission never gets a missionlog added if you already have the disk when talking to Kunio Ko.
* You can do the whole free subwaypass quest even after you payed for one.
* The WC guards have pretty weird banter. One moment it can be "Hello, Agent", the next "Who the hell are you?"
* The Server room camera is hostile to me (WC story) and sounds the alarm through the door(!) making everyone hostile.
* Clark has some issues; you can only talk about his wife and clearances when you have seen the grafiti (but no mention of grafiti). Probably a 1.0.1 thing, and likely mentioned before?
* Partyzone: If you talk to the bartender during the "does he like noobs?" conversation Spot and justanotherfan can no longer talk to you.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

If you drag Master_Kale's unconscious body to the firewalls BEFORE getting the n00bz quest from said firewalls, weird things happen with your quest log and the speeches. There'll be conversations about you having brought him in and you requesting you reward (for what? you don't know about the n00bz-removal mission!), and the Firewall will say the task is incomplete still. The quest log will show that you need to convince the other n00bz to leave. But when you drop master_kale on the ground, the firewall goes "oh hey, we have a quest for you!" and your quest log is set to say that you need to go get rid of master_kale and the n00bz.

However if you ignore the quest log and just go talk to the n00bz, the quest works properly. The flags are apparently all set properly still, it's just the quest log and speech that were screwy.

(Yes, I'm deliberately trying to screw things up. I'm also playing on the hardest difficulty level. I was trying to play without any guns, but the prod was missing from Phasmatis' apartment building closet, and attempting to pick up darts doesn't give me any ammo. I wanted Very Hard, not OmgWtfBbqTrestkon. At least I can still knock people out in one hit with the baton if I sneak up behind them and hit them in the ass instead of the head.)
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

The caption for Coffee ends with "let's hear it for caffeeine." The proper spelling is "caffeine." :P
rambo919
Mole Person

Post by rambo919 »

in the dxe mission the doors for the last server dont open completely then close emediately, is there something blocking them?
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Day2
  • You can enter DXE and complete the mission before talking to Wolfy.
  • Aligned with WC I went into the DXO hideout. Apparently since I'd killed TRM on Day 1, I got the goal for the PDX storyline 'You've killed TRM, time to rescue Kevo-sama.' Additionally the loot in the barracks lockers was replenished. It might be easier to simply cordon off this area in the WC storyline on Day 2. (Fits the news bulletin about the discovery of the DXO hideout.)
  • After getting the goal to lure OiNutter out from ZP, going in the Templae and killing Athena or Dark Templar will make ZP hostile towards you.
Last edited by odawali on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

In DXE, if you complete the mission and take your reward from Wolfy, returning to DXE and going on a killing spree results in getting a PM from Wolfy regarding the mission's failure. That PM and Wolfy's "mission failed" dialogue (if there is one, I didn't check) should be disabled after completing the mission.
In PDX on day 2, you should be able to play Deus Diablo's memo, purely for the sake of consistency. That's because anytime on day 1, even right before DXI, you can view the memo, and therefore you shouldn't have any problem replaying it on day 2.
And a big one - in DXI, in the elevator control room (the one in which you pass out), if you close the terminal after launching delthreads.exe with the [Esc] button the game crashes - it's reproducable, but I didn't bother getting a crash log. Anyway, exiting by pressing "Logout" works, although if you didn't save beforehand it can be quite frustrating.

Remembering that, I wonder - is there any reason for giving Beeblequix your HUD codes? He can be quite funny, but he's mostly annoying, seeing as you have to reload quite often in the jumping-lava puzzle - but anyway, can he actually help, gameplay wise? Because I don't remember any instance in which he gave useful information.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Every once and again he gave me a good nugget of information. Though i will say this, in the laboratory part of DXI, when he tries to tell you the code to the door that leads into the room with the walking bot in it, if you go through the vents and end up in that room, he won't tell you the code to the door until you've multitooled your way through and made it to the elevator shaft. Though by that time his information is useless as you've already hacked your way through it. That was my only gripe with him. Else, i think it's his purpose to be more annoying/funny than helpful.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Made in China wrote: Remembering that, I wonder - is there any reason for giving Beeblequix your HUD codes? He can be quite funny, but he's mostly annoying, seeing as you have to reload quite often in the jumping-lava puzzle - but anyway, can he actually help, gameplay wise? Because I don't remember any instance in which he gave useful information.
I can think of two instances: He gives you the keypad code to the DXI MCI front doors (which can be bypassed through the vents), and he also tells you about the opening the safe by taking the power out (same info available on DataScreen in radiated storage room).
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Yeah... I always took the vents there (for the easy access to the security terminal, which I found accidentally) and took all the information I needed from the datascreen... Oh well, at least I know he is helpful, although I will never give him my HUD codes again.
Eddy Way
Thug

Post by Eddy Way »

This has been mentioned in other posts but i havent seen it on the bugs threads so sorry if this has already been acknowledged.

Fire extinguishers, second and third clips (if stacked) dont work.