TNM is super dark; I can't see

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
MICROSHAFT
Thug

TNM is super dark; I can't see

Post by MICROSHAFT »

When I first played TNM five months ago the brightness seemed pretty low to me, but I thought that was intentional, and since I never think to change gamma settings, I left it alone.

I uninstalled DX and recently brought everything back for TNM 1.02. So I boot it up and bang, the apartment building is super dark. The security office is too dark to see anything and outside the building it's not much better.

I played with the gamma slider but regardless of how I had it set, nothing changed. Still the same shade of near pitch-black.

I have been running DE for a few days before this and have had no brightness problems.

Any ideas?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: TNM is super dark; I can't see

Post by Jonas »

What renderer do you use? The enhanced OpenGL one? You may want to try the DirectX9 renderer.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

MICROSHAFT wrote:When I first played TNM five months ago the brightness seemed pretty low to me, but I thought that was intentional, and since I never think to change gamma settings, I left it alone.

I uninstalled DX and recently brought everything back for TNM 1.02. So I boot it up and bang, the apartment building is super dark. The security office is too dark to see anything and outside the building it's not much better.

I played with the gamma slider but regardless of how I had it set, nothing changed. Still the same shade of near pitch-black.

I have been running DE for a few days before this and have had no brightness problems.

Any ideas?
I had some brightness issues throughout the game... I repeatedly had to go into my game options video menu and turn my brightness up.
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
MICROSHAFT
Thug

Post by MICROSHAFT »

Jonas wrote:What renderer do you use? The enhanced OpenGL one? You may want to try the DirectX9 renderer.
Thanks, changing the renderer fixed it. Although now some sounds are absent, like the pistol shot, at least I can see!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Did you actually download the enhanced D3D renderer, or did you just revert to the standard one? You can get the enhanced one from here and it may fix your last issues: http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/utd3d9r11.zip

Or it may not :P
You never know with DX.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine