MySql error

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: MySql error

Post by bobby 55 »

Hahaha! Not bad. *Bob congratulates himself for laughing it off this time*
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

Oops, somehow I only just saw this thread....

The General Error that's being discussed occurs during the 20-80 seconds that our database server is down for a reboot. I'm not sure what the schedule is like for that, or if it's reactive based on how bogged down its getting, but I normally only see it reboot between 11PM - 6AM EST (4AM - 11AM GMT).

It's part of the whole "load balancing costs money" thing which pains me so much.

Well, at least forum users during the reboot get PhpBB's MySQL Error page... People using the wiki at that time get my server error page, which is only slightly better than getting kicked in the crotch.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Must have got bogged down. It lasted from approx 6.45 p.m. until 7.30p.m. EST on the day in question. Now I know what it's about,thanks again OiNutter, it's only an inconvenience not worth worrying about.
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

bobby 55 wrote:Must have got bogged down. It lasted from approx 6.45 p.m. until 7.30p.m. EST on the day in question. Now I know what it's about,thanks again OiNutter, it's only an inconvenience not worth worrying about.
Err, that doesn't sound right... We're talking about Aug 9?

I'll have to check my logs.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

OiNutter wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Must have got bogged down. It lasted from approx 6.45 p.m. until 7.30p.m. EST on the day in question. Now I know what it's about,thanks again OiNutter, it's only an inconvenience not worth worrying about.

Aug 28, Friday evening my time
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

bobby 55 wrote:
OiNutter wrote:

Aug 28, Friday evening my time
Oh... I see now that I should have already known this, seeing as you sent me a tech support e-mail that night. Gah, I'm awful.
I apologise; I've been quite spotty at checking mail recently. Please accept this signed copy of my magnum opus.

(The signature is, of course, in the image encoding)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Busy Bees don't have to apologise to me but thanx for the piccie :smile:
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

OK I've run it down, and the problem should hopefully be alleviated now.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Thanks, unfortunately I can't return the 'picture favour' but I'll give you a smilie instead. :idea:
bananaSkill
Thug

Post by bananaSkill »

OiNutter wrote:[...]
The General Error that's being discussed occurs during the 20-80 seconds that our database server is down for a reboot. I'm not sure what the schedule is like for that, or if it's reactive based on how bogged down its getting, but I normally only see it reboot between 11PM - 6AM EST (4AM - 11AM GMT).

It's part of the whole "load balancing costs money" thing which pains me so much.
[...]
Do you mind me asking:
Is the OTP database so massive that you guys need a reboot?
or is it an shared machine with allot of databases on there ?
(orrr is it running on a Windows machine then you can delete this post and I will pretend the conversation never took place :twisted: ;) )
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

bananaSkill wrote:
OiNutter wrote:[...]

[...]
Do you mind me asking:
Is the OTP database so massive that you guys need a reboot?
or is it an shared machine with allot of databases on there ?
(orrr is it running on a Windows machine then you can delete this post and I will pretend the conversation never took place :twisted: ;) )
It's on a shared server, we lack the uber monies for a proper private server, unfortunately.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Cool . Now we are armed with knowledge, the ''panics" won't set in again :smile:
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

bobby 55 wrote:Thanks, unfortunately I can't return the 'picture favour' but I'll give you a smilie instead. :idea:
Cop this OiNutter. Not a magnum opus though.
Attachments
!cid_CBF30D68674441648569F65AEBEC565D@JillPC.jpg
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

OiNutter wrote:OK I've run it down, and the problem should hopefully be alleviated now.
Got it briefly. 7.45pm sept 9 EST. Got here and could open forum page but when trying the topic line got *website can't load page* message. That lasted about for about five minutes.

Not complaining just passing on info.