TNM OpenGl

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
SelfishAl
Thug

Re: TNM OpenGl

Post by SelfishAl »

is there a listing of special options for the DX9 renderer like there is with the enhance opengl renderer?

or some kind of example for making the game look the best?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Uh I posted my own D3D9 settings around here somewhere once, but I just got them from the Deus Ex Ultra High Quality mod, which is basically HDTP, ENBSeries, and the D3D9 renderer in one package with the ini settings preset. I recommend googling that and copying its ini settings into your own ini :)

I also recommend downloading the New Vision beta if you haven't already, it will work terrifically with the D3D9 renderer.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
SelfishAl
Thug

Post by SelfishAl »

thanks

I just tried the D3D9 renderer with your settings; I didn't notice a difference and there was a problem with moving my mouse towards the right of the screen. I think I'll stick with opengl :D
SMP Dev
Mole Person

Post by SMP Dev »

Most of the D3D9 renderer options control same or similar functionality as in the OpenGL renderer. D3D9 and D3D8 were based on the OpenGL renderer code and kept fairly closely in sync thus far. With D3D9 v1.2, the shader code starts to diverge a bit.

Never added paletted texture support to D3D9, so should be using OpenGL for GeForce 1 - 4 series hardware. That's fairly old hardware now though, and hardware paletted texture support pretty much gone after that.