Importing into a .u file/compiling help please

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Muze
Mole Person

Importing into a .u file/compiling help please

Post by Muze »

I am trying to replace one or two audio files in my Deus Ex install. I am using GMDX v10 as well, but the audio file in question is being sourced from the base game as far as I can tell, as I could only find it in DeusExSounds.u in the game's System folder.

I have used Dragon Unpacker , umodel, as well as Deus Ex Extractor to extract the files from that file. The latter extracts the sounds in their categorized folders, but never do I get any Classes folder which I think I might need in order to import/compile the .u file back into place.

For example the only method I found to compile here

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117227

is using UCC (from the SDK) from comand prompt, and I could only guess that I put the extracted DeusExSounds folder (with my edits) into the same folder as I'm running the command (the Deus Ex/System folder where the original file is).

And that command is UCC Make

It goes through the compile list and when it doesn't find DeusExSounds.u I get:

Can't find files matching ..\DeusExSounds\Classes\*.uc

But none of the extractors gave me those extra folders and .uc files.

Finally I also tried extracting using DEEDCUI in command prompt (as admin of course) seeing as it has a command option for Classes - but I always get

Access to path OutputFolder is denied

Could anyone help me import a couple sound files into the DeusExSounds.u ? I would really appreciate the help.
Jack90
UNATCO

Re: Importing into a .u file/compiling help please

Post by Jack90 »

So, do the best wifi routers have advanced security features like VPN and WPA3? The answer is yes. Many of the top-rated wifi routers on the market today come equipped with advanced security features like VPN and WPA3. These features will help keep your network secure and give you peace of mind. So if you’re looking for a wifi router for your home or office, it’s worth considering routers with advanced security features like VPN and WPA3. https://wifirouterhub.com/best-wifi-rou ... -ft-house/
linda68
Thug

Post by linda68 »

Yes, you are correct. Many of the best WiFi routers on the market today come with Slope advanced security features like VPN (Virtual Private Network) support and WPA3 (Wi-Fi Protected Access 3). These security features are essential for keeping your network and connected devices safe from potential threats and unauthorized access.
JamesGreenwell
Mole Person

Post by JamesGreenwell »

Effective leaders possess strong interpersonal skills that enable them to motivate, inspire, and lead teams toward common goals. We explore the role of these Executive resume writing services skills in effective leadership.
RonaldHamill
Mole Person

Post by RonaldHamill »

Beyond the surface level of tidying up, these unsung heroes play a pivotal role in creating clean, house cleaning company Milton organized, and serene living environments.