A Request

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Daveyboy1978
Thug

A Request

Post by Daveyboy1978 »

Is it possible to add some ambient light to the computer? I don't know the ins and outs of editing 3d objects so wont pretend to.

If it is possible, could someone do this for me if it doesn't take too long to do???
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: A Request

Post by Phasmatis »

If I remember correctly, it's all done in the class file not the model. The lamps for instance use an ambient light so you might want to take a look at the code for that and see how it's done.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Daveyboy1978
Thug

Post by Daveyboy1978 »

Cheers mate will have a gander at the code, although I program in vb so its probably going to be difficult to understand it!
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

When you put a decoration (like a computer) in a map, just go to defaultproperties and go to "Lighting" change some light settings there, either that go to "Display" and increase scaleglow and see how that works.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Or if you're editing the code and recompiling, just go for adding

lighttype=LT_steady
lightradius=8
lightbrightness=32
lighthue=160

to the default properties. Those numbers are total guesses, btw.

Also be aware that the light of computers will be run-time lighting, so won't occlude (i.e. will happily shine straight through walls).