Paul as JC

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Paul_Denton
Thug

Re: Paul as JC

Post by Paul_Denton »

Hey, do u remember me?

I have played two times deus ex with this paul denton mod complete. now i have a another, maybe last question. this same thing as Gunter Hermann. "Just" the same Mod Like this one here, only to replace this time the main figure with gunter hermann. i think thats will be very cool to play. if possible then replace the gunter hermann npc model with paul.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Paul_Denton wrote:Hey, do u remember me?

I have played two times deus ex with this paul denton mod complete. now i have a another, maybe last question. this same thing as Gunter Hermann. "Just" the same Mod Like this one here, only to replace this time the main figure with gunter hermann. i think thats will be very cool to play. if possible then replace the gunter hermann npc model with paul.
If you want, you can use the shifter (unrealistic difficulty) method to play as Gunther. There are problems when playing as Gunther though... He doesn't fit through certain holes, so for instance:
You'll have to ghost in order to even enter the Brooklyn Bridge Station... Also you will begin to hate low hanging lights with a passion.
Attachments
GRRR gunthersmash.jpg
Gunthergeppin.jpg
Guntherlecture.jpg
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Can't you just go into the editor and select Paul Denton default properties from actor classes browser and switch the textures with JC' then save the package in the editor?

Switching the player character is a bit more difficult, I think you need to edit a file called player.cfg or something like that, essentially somewhere it will say it's referencing a model from a package. You could then edit that model the same way above or change the model's reference to a new one.

It's been a long time since I used the SDK so my info is probably off.

Edit: I should really read other people's posts before I comment.

On the subject, why haven't any of the developers of other Deus Ex games ever realized that we all want to play as Paul Denton in some future title?