[PATCH] A new place for the ScreenShots

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

[PATCH] A new place for the ScreenShots

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

PURPOSE
Deus Ex saves all screenshots into System\ folder. I think they are must be located in the different place. So i corrected something in the engine.dll and made this patch.

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unpack the archive into DeusEx\System\, run DeusEx_screenShots_patch.exe, click PATCH and engine.dll will be modified. After this, patch will make a new folder: ScreenShots. All new screenshots will be stored there. Existing screenshots will not be moved! Don't remove the ScreenShots folder (but you're can clear its contents), otherwise DeusEx will not save any of screenshots at all !

HOW TO UNINSTALL:
Just restore backup copy of the Engine.dll (Engine.dll.bak). It will be created while patching.

NOTES:
This patch works only with 1.112fm version of DeusEx
The title of patch window says "Editor.dll patch" but it does not modifies this file :) This is typo.

The patch was created using dUP2 (patch-generator). Some antivirus program can say that there is a virus, but this file is absolutely virus-free!

DOWNLOAD
DeusEx_screenShots_mod[1].zip
(15.67 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
~DJ~
UNATCO

Re: [PATCH] A new place for the ScreenShots

Post by ~DJ~ »

Awesome-ness!

Have to turn off Avast to download this though. <_<
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Re: [PATCH] A new place for the ScreenShots

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Very good idea, thanks. I'll definitely be using this.