ConEdit troubles

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
waternorth
Mole Person

ConEdit troubles

Post by waternorth »

Hi,

OK. I'm in ConEdit, right? Make the conversation, yadda yadda, And I put the MP3 files in, they are mono, 48kbps, and 24khz. I pop 'em into ConEdit, it gives me an error saying directory not found, and tells me what the directory tree should look like. I make the proper directories and it no longer gives me an error.

I choose my file, which is saved as PaulDenton01.mp3, like in the example here (http://www.planetdeusex.com/constructor ... tions8.htm) and hit play (in ConEdit). Doesn't work. Then I save the .con file, delete the files from the /system directory, do ucc make, check to see if the audio file.u is in there (it is), and then load up the game. Right click, conversation starts, text is there... AUDIO IS NOT.

Help, please!

Edit: Also, I checked the documentation. Didn't help.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Re: ConEdit troubles

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Dunno, generate audio filenames maybe?
waternorth
Mole Person

Post by waternorth »

Yep, did that, then placed an extra copy
of the audio files in that spot. I think it might be my audio format, but I'm not sure, is it supposed to be able to play in ConEDit? Could it be my conedit is badly configured?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Eh, I don't think I could ever play our audio files in the editor.

Have you checked your UCC and your game logs to see if there are any audio-related warnings?

IIRC, the audio needs to be 48 kbps, 22 KHz, 16-bit mono.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
waternorth
Mole Person

Post by waternorth »

Dammit. That's my problem, gotta be 16-bit, lemme try that, thanks.
waternorth
Mole Person

Post by waternorth »

Just tried it-- both 22khz and 24khz (24 is what's in the documentation), then fixed it up to 16-bit, that's not my problem. Here's a SS of my configuration. I don't know where to find the error log, if there is one.

One thing that's buggin' me is that it's not prompting me to put anything in the audio folder.

http://i.imgur.com/cqTKC.png

Edit: It was a combination of me screwing up the file system, and needing to put stuff in 16-bit. If you're coming here from a google search, make sure you generate file names, then IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE STUPID CONEDIT THROWS AT YOU. JUST PUT THE DAMN FILES WHERE THEY BELONG. FORGET ERROR MESSAGES.