Need help using TNM weapons on vanilla Deus Ex

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
giger
Mole Person

Need help using TNM weapons on vanilla Deus Ex

Post by giger »

Hey, first of all I just wanted to say I'm a complete noob when it comes to modding :(

All I wanted to do was to be able to use tnm weapons in regular DX. I tried using the EditPackages= in deusex.ini to import all the weapons, but it wouldn't work. I searched here and the only solutions I found was to either use the SDK, or load the regular DX maps from TNM, which is something I really wouldn't like to do.

I tried messing with the SDK, but I'm having real trouble getting a class to work (For example, I compile the weapons from the SDK and all of them appear to have no models ingame).

So, I'm begging someone here to do me a favor: I wanted a class with the fireblade, blowgun (and darts) and digital ronins katana I could use in DX vanilla. If someone could upload a .u class of those weapons I'd be extremely grateful [-o< [-o<.

Thank you in advance =D>
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: Need help using TNM weapons on vanilla Deus Ex

Post by DDL »

One problem would be that the weapons frequently assume they're damaging TNMpawns, while being wielded by a Trestkon Playerclass: putting them in the hands of a JCDentonMale playerclass and firing at plain old vanilla ScriptedPawns might not really work terribly well. You should be ok with those particular weapons, mind you...I think.

Anyway, you were doing it correctly the first time: you need to add all the requisite code packages to your editpackages section of deusex.ini, and make sure the actual packages are in your system folder (they might be in Deusex/TNM/System rather than Deusex/System).

Then to summon them in game you need to specifically reference the code package they're stored in (as the summon cheat assumes Deusex.u unless specifically told otherwise).

So it might require something like "summon TNMItems.TNMWeaponBlowpipe" or similar. I'll check the actual class names and so on when I get home (if nobody else does so in the interim).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Need help using TNM weapons on vanilla Deus Ex

Post by Jonas »

Since it's 10 pm in DDL-land, I'm going to assume he got eaten by a landshark on the way home from work, so these are the classes you want to summon (and as DDL mentioned, remember the "TNMItems." prefix):

WeaponFireBlade
WeaponKatanaRonin
WeaponBlowPipe
AmmoBlowDart
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL