Coding Mechanics

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
SimonDenton
NSF

Coding Mechanics

Post by SimonDenton »

Needed in order to complete Summer 101
Basic:
-HUD: For the weaon selection, find out how HARDCORE made it only having one icon, representing the current weapon and how they made it that you have to scroll to select the weapon you want and how they positioned it on a different part of the screen.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3472/hudlayout.png
IGNORE THE INVENTORY BELT as I chose to do Hardcore's unrealistic weapon selection system
-Fists being in the 0 weapon slot and cannot be dropped (like nano key)
-10 second time limit when doing conversation choices
-New Skills
-Melee and Locomotion Skill: Enabling functions at specific skill levels
-New Conversation System: Like in banjo tooie, the speaker's icon will be shown, accompanied by their lines.
-When player tries to enable cheats typing Set "player" bcheatsenabled true = a client message comes up "Cheating is for chumps...like you!", and of course the cheats do not get enabled.
-Sprint function: make the SHIFT button bind to sprinting. Player increases speed when sprinting and drains energy.
-After a certain amount of time not using energy, the energy bar will slowly regenerate.

MISSION SCRIPT
-A flag trigger that sets a flag when a specific pawn's health is below 50%
-How to make the player immobile when a flag is set

Multiplayer:
-2 modes only: S101 Beat 'em up and S101 Team Beat 'em up
-Change teams to Gangster and Prefects
-Players on Gangster and Prefect Team are randomly assigned to a random player class on that team. e.g PLayer on Team Gangster > Plays as Gangster_Joe
-Make 5 player classes for the Gangster team members and Prefect team members.
-Make players start with fists in the 0 slot.
-Add a feature to add bots like in Hardcore.
-Make players say a bark when they kill someone.
-Disable augmentations from being received when players get kills

Melee
Untrained: Soft punches (soft punching animation).
Trained: Block can absorb 25% damage, player can kick.
Advanced:Block can absorb 50% damge, hard punches (hard punch animation replaces soft punch).
Master: Block absorbs 75% damage, harder kick (hard kick animation replaces soft kick).

Locomotion:
Untrained: Basic jumping, climbing and running.
Trained: Sprint enabled running slightly faster.
Advanced: Climbing is considerably faster.
Master: Sprinting is faster and climbing is even faster.

Knocked out:
When the player is nocked out after 3 seconds giving time for the enemies to say their BarkAreaSecure or allies to say BarkGore the player teleports to a medical facility the mission script determines.
SOUNDS FOR PLAYER
-When a player chooses the option they bark out their conversation associated with the option e.g GangsterMaleA_BarkYes > Player will bark "Yeah!" > Team message 'Playername: (Voice) Yeah!'

Carcass idea:
When npc's "die" they perform a random custom fallind down animation. Once on the floor they carcass performs an animation making them roll side to side holding their head or any other animation while lying on the ground with a moaning and hurting ambient sound. Like in bully.

E.G Right leg health goes to below 0% first, the noc does the falling down animation then do a looping animation of holding their right leg and sounding the ambient sound.

SOUNDS FOR PLAYER
4 x Cough
4 x Knocked down
4 x Wretch (stink bomb)
4 x Itching (itching powder)
3 x Burn (fire cracker)
3 x small damage
3 x medium damage
3 x large damage
2 x land damage
2 x Sprinting
2 x Jump
2 x Punching soft (random pitch)
2 x Punching Hard (if got hard punch functionality)

SOUNDS FOR NPCS
2 x cough (smoke)
2 x knocked down
2 x eye pain (stink bomb)
2 x jump
2 x pain large
2 x pain medium
2 x pain small
2 x unconscious
2 x Punching (random pitch)
Last edited by SimonDenton on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: Coding Mechanics

Post by Hassat Hunter »

SimonDenton wrote:Triggers to change the level of a specific skill
I don't know about triggers, but you can do this by code, just check out the one of the DX/TNM training level. TNM's probably more useful since it shows off too how to not max. it, but set it just to level 2 (even if the dev comment says it maxes it unless you use 1.0.4+, just ignore it :P).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
SimonDenton
NSF

Re: Coding Mechanics

Post by SimonDenton »

It was in the missionscript, thank you for your time to post Hassat Hunter. I scrapped the hard multiplayer stuff as SP is the most important.

For MP there will be custom player models, sounds and maps. To help get started with the HUD, we could find out how the HARDCORE mod managed to change teh weapon selection system (in unrealistic difficulty where you scroll and get different icons) as it uses the same sort of selection system I have planned for the mod and it changes the position of the icon. If we can find out how to do the same selection system and move it to the bottom left hand corner where the compass is, that could solve a part of it.

Also if we can find out how the HARDCORE mod makes players say a bark after they kill someone.

Happy Easter