Been a while, what I am doing

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Morpheus
X-51

Been a while, what I am doing

Post by Morpheus »

All my other projects have not done well, but working on something for a while. I don't yet know what to do with it, but its a single player town in the same style as Burden of 80 Proof, with that kinda of comedy in it, so far its a town you can go into buildings and have conversations with people. Might actually borrow some stuff from Burden of 80 for this. Some areas I have already got ideas for:

"Raymond's Vampire Super Happy Fun Shop" - A store owned by someone called Raymond who dresses like a vampire, has an underground area with coffins and some comedic stuff relating to vampires

"Big Sal's Pizza" - A crappy Pizza place like the place Pannuchi's Pizza in Futurama

"Wendal's Robots" - Where you can buy quality robots

Small Police Station with a few jail cells in it.

Maybe add Burden of 80 Proof Under Mall and Nearside Tavern

need some ideas for some more places, going to start mapping it soon, have music for certian areas and creating new textures at moment.

Actually, wanted this to be the start of something, was actually thinking of doing my own sequel to Burden of 80 Proof and wanted to create the town where the places Peter went to are in, the office, Nearside Tavern, minimall among other places.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Been a while, what I am doing

Post by nerdenstein »

A Burden of 80 Proof Sequal would be awesome
Burden is a great mod but its way to short.
A big open town with loads of things to do i think would be great.
Giving you options to do what you like and work where you like to earn credits to buy stuff and flesh out your apartment or change your clothes and stuff like that. Oh God I'm making it sound like a Sims Game..
Actually that reminds me of the Funline Multiplayer Mods, which I thought were really cool.

Do whatever I say. Its your mod :P
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Started working on it, have a a town base basically done. Buildings it will have:

Mini Mall as in Burdens
Nearside Tavern, again Burdens (will look like Moes Tavern in Simpsons from outside)
Raymond's Vampire Super Happy Fun Shop
Pet store
Shop that sells the robots from the place Peter works at.
Outdoor fountain and park area

All I got so far. Wanted to make the time of day like the last time you come to the apartments in Burden, orangy sky.

Giving you options to do what you like and work where you like to earn credits to buy stuff and flesh out your apartment or change your clothes and stuff like that. Oh God I'm making it sound like a Sims Game..
Heh, I had the idea for something like that once, a "Sims" but Deus Ex Style, It went after I failed to think how on earth you could have many different random things happen to NPCs in Deus Ex.

I'll finish the town and post screenshots and maybe someone can help me figure what to do next.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

So its become like a big, open town or something?
One minor grip I had about Burden was that it only allowed you to visit like 5 different areas and it did feel kinda restricted in that sense.#

Yeah when you have the maps done I'm sure a bunch of us could come up with a few ideas for you of what to do next
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.