Shadowrunner

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
[FGS]Shadowrunner
Thug

Shadowrunner

Post by [FGS]Shadowrunner »

Hi all,
I am a mapper, 95% multiplayer at the moment. Made my first map at the end of 2005, having played single player for 4 years and finally realizing it was a multiplayer game and that I could connect. I was very lucky to be accepted into FGS at the beginning of 2006 and with Ichotolot's dedicated support was able to make over 100 multiplayer maps between 2006 and 2008. From this I learned a lot about mapping and myself managed to help others develop. My strengths are in brushwork, texturing, dealing with bsp and my weakness is with coding. My maps tend to be large and more like single player maps, which with fast pc's and broadband is not an issue these days. I try to bring some of the single player experience to online play.

Since 2007 I have been making around 10 DXSG maps, of which six have been released for betatesting or pre-beta testing. If DX3 doesn't issue a SDK anytime soon, I will focus on a single player SG mod with a target of releasing minimum of a 3 level demo.

These forums have to be the best non-clan forums I have seen and are important, so I wanted to introduce myself. I am working specifically on a project to increase online players, in conjunction with the release of DX3. This is based on research done regarding DX2.
You can usually find me at my clan FGS http://www.gravity-world.com

I was a founder member of the Factory forums, which were sadly lost when I was in hospital, but these days I am slowly rebuilding under this name: http://www.deusexmultiplayer.freeforums.org
The focus will be slightly different this time, integrating new players into the community as well as serving the players and editors. I would appreciate any posts, screenies, history, useful stuff, new stuff, being posted there. I'm likely to sticky or announce anything useful or new or good. Lastly, thank you for setting such high standards in the community!
THIS SITE WILL BE HEAVILY MARKETING OTHER SITES SUCH AS OFFTOPIC GRAVITY-WORLD ETC

In real life I am an art director and photographer: http://www.myspace.com/rollosnook
Darma
UNATCO

Re: Shadowrunner

Post by Darma »

Hello Shadow :teeth:
[FGS]Shadowrunner
Thug

Post by [FGS]Shadowrunner »

Hey Darma.
I heard you were an Unreal modder before DX. You must find DXMP quite slow in comparison?
It would be great to have your skills from Unreal on our forums. I don't think we have your site either. Are you an SP or MP modder or both?
Here's a pic of my latest map, it has taken about 50 days to make so far and six people have actually worked on it, for coding, texturing, brushwork of one spaceship, besides we have used vehicles from the Fuhrpark mod and Nobody's Stargate Mod. It has been designed for a low gravity server, but would work also in normal servers. In recent maps I began to make vehicles from movers and in this map I am attempt to mod a fuhrpark brush into a passenger shuttle that will take players from the asteroid to a spaceship nearby. You can see the shuttle just right of the centre of the SCLAW explosion. I think I am going to struggle with synchronizing the sequence base doors and the shuttle and also the door on the shuttle. The other ship has no door, it's like a landing bay.
Darma
UNATCO

Post by Darma »

Well no I was not a Unreal modder before. I played UT, u99,... but I prefer DX modding.
I mod for both MP and SP