DXOgg.u

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Neveos
X-51

DXOgg.u

Post by Neveos »

So I'm trying to figure out how to get DXOgg to work, and followed the only instructions I found were these:

"TNM way:

Get the latest DXOgg.u and DXOgg.dll files (Patch 1.2 for TNM) and put them in your System folder. In your Music folder, create a new folder called "Ogg". Put the .ogg files there. Add DXOgg to your EditPackages= and open the editor. Add the class from DXOgg.u into your map and in its properties, you'll find options to set up your music in-game.

Something like that! "

Well, I tried hammering out all of the possible branching meanings behind this post, but it still isn't working.

1.) Is this correct?
2.) Which Music folder? is it DeusEx\Music or DeusEx\MyPackage\Music? (how would it know it was mypackage?)
3.) Which class? DXOgg or DXOggMusicManager?
4.) Is there a way I can get this to work in Ued2 (if it is at the top of anyone's head)

Thanks a mill.

-edit- Does no one know how to do this? Because I gave up and tried the .umx way, reading 3 different manuals/tutorials on tracker software, and could this seriously be any more difficult? It's actually making me laugh:

"
Command 3 is Portamento to Note. This slides the currently playing note
to another note, at a specified speed. The slide then stops when it reaches
the desired note. The best way to describe this is to give an example.

C-2 1 000 - Starts the note playing
C-3 330 - Starts the slide to C-3 at a speed of 30.
--- 300 - Continues the slide
--- 300 - Continues the slide"
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ