anyone have handy links to NPC AI modding posts, past work?

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
dains
Thug

anyone have handy links to NPC AI modding posts, past work?

Post by dains »

My interest is in fixing some of the more blatant AI tomfoolery you see in the early missions - stopping and staring at walls during patrols, not responding to downed enemies when they walk right over them, not responding to audible events 10 yards away, etc. Also, the 1-shot instakill headshots annoy me lol - took me several tries to take down Rock the drug dealer the "right" way (starting the fight via conversation).

I've never modded Deus Ex, but I did do some Freelancer weapon and pilot modding back in teh day, so I'd like to see just how tough a project this would be.

I searched Google and the boards here and didn't find anything really about NPC AI modding. I downloaded the DX Editing Pack 2.2 as well and didn't see anything there either, but I did find the pawn stuff in the SDK, so I'm getting a bit closer, I think.

Can someone point me to any existing tutorials or work posted or published so's I can learn a little faster?

TIA,
D