Executing trigger in ConEdit and 2 small questions

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
zexxer
Mole Person

Executing trigger in ConEdit and 2 small questions

Post by zexxer »

So, ehm, hello everyone, registered just now. I kinda re-explored Deus Ex for myself few days ago, and then started using SDK. I've found some nice tutorials on the web, but i encountered some problem, and also want to ask something about playerclass.

So i have such situation. JC Denton appears on top floor of apartment building, he can either go inside apartment and talk to some guy or go down the stairs and get teleported to different map. Now, in the begining, it is essentials, that player talks to this guy inside apartment, and only then he can leave via stairs.

I placed teleporter(and some blockers down so player won't go down into nothingness) and this teleporter get's activated by trigger, that covers entire room with this guy(and maybe a bit more). Now, i set "bEnable" for this trigger to false(via properities for trigger). Then, in ConEdit, i make event at the end of conversation "Trigger" and put trigger's tag name there.

But i can't quit apartment building.

At first i though it's my trigger being broken, but i put it on, and after entering apartment(it covers quite big area), when i go back i get teleported to next map(so trigger worked, when it was on). So i figured, it has something to do with ConEdit, because trigger itself works just the way i want it to.

Problem is, i can't turn it on via conversation.

For now i found temp. solution, made conversation automatic by 250 units(and placed pawn accordingly, talking through walls is kinda weird lol), and placed this trigger(active) somewhere around 240 units...but it's still(though hardly) possible to activate trigger and run away without talking to this guy...so yeah, would apreciate solution, as to why i can't activate trigger via conversation(in trigger's properities i did set it's tag up).

Now for small questions(i'll make it short and blunt)
1: How do i change JC's name in conversation? So instead of "JC Denton" i'll get different name. Guess if i will figure this one out, editing meshes a bit won't be a problem too. I tried editing DeusExPlayer's and JCDentonMale's familiar and unfamiliar names, but name in conversation remains as it was...

2:(not too important, but wouldn't mind to) Edit aug's energy rate. Basicly i want zero energy drain for AugLight. I tried going into properities of AugLight and changing drain from 10 to zero. Still drains energy.

\\Didn't expect this post to be so big...now this line makes it even bigger : D. \\