runaway loop problem

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Neveos
X-51

runaway loop problem

Post by Neveos »

My map almost went to the shitter permanently!

I'm getting this error:

I managed to save it because Ued2 autosaves every 4 minutes or so. And I was able to analyze what I was doing at the time:

I was working on a yoga class. 2 pawns were in there of interest, they were using both the Luminous path pawns, and they cannot be deleted for some reason. But I don't know if that is the problem, because in an earlier save they are there, and it works. However, I had just placed them, and something I had done with them in that intervening time interval may have caused the crash. I have deleted them, saved the file, and reopened it, and they weren't there, but it still crashes.

There is also one of three light actors in there, "light93". If I delete that light, it says it is "trying to archive deleted object" over and over again in the log screen, and i have to crash-close ued.

Am I, like, running out of resources in the map or something? Anyone ever seen this error?

-edit- actually it is doing that for every light so its probably not the lights.

-edit- shit, it seems the furthest version i load back will log some sort of "trying to archive deleted object" for any object I delete. It must have just gotta critical at that point. I need to figure out what is causing this.

-edit- actually it seems a number of maps are getting the "trying to archive deleted object". I'm wondering if this is even a problem at all. But I could have sworn I could have loaded an autoplay with the log window up. Maybe this error is unrelated.

-edit- it seems to be tied between the two triad pawns and a thugmale3 pawn. I must delete all 3 to make the game run. They're all in the thug category. An earlier auto has them all present and fine together. I have no clue what happened. I'll try to leave them working together in the map for a while and see whats up

-edit- thinking back, i think i accidentally wigged out the program, at that time, by clicking on too many things when the shift and crtl keys got locked up on the right click menu.... i then ctrl-z'd a bunch and i guess it messed stuff up. anyway im good.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ