Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
SilverSpook
MJ12

Re: Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

Post by SilverSpook »

What's the easiest way to get the enemies to fire faster? So they're not like running around for five seconds before taking a shot? Just trying to make the game a bit more challenging.
Captain_Destro
UNATCO

Post by Captain_Destro »

Change the AI Style of the NPCs to a Sniper. I think thats what I did in the Modern Weapons mod.

Combat-> Combat Style -1 as a setting.

Also making the hearing and vision more sensitive makes it a bit more realistic. Helps with reaction time and making combat much better.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

K cool I'll give that a try, especially the sniper. I think I've got the vision sensitivity pretty high (0.0000001) but I'll try hearing too.
Captain_Destro
UNATCO

Post by Captain_Destro »

The Combat Style -1 makes it so the NPCs shoot at a distance instead of running up to you like idiots just to be in the maximum effective range (pistols as an example.)

Also the use back up weapon function is hilarious. If you rush a bad guy head on he will pull out a knife or sword and take you down :P
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Cool, that seems to help. Can't pwn everyone with a handgun and 25% health anymore.

Is there a way to have like a ceiling light in the middle of the room that casts shadows around while still having the ceiling lit? I notice in the DX levels that there are lights placed about midway between the floor and ceiling generally. I like the effect of the shadows when the light's up high, but the ceiling just shows up matte black with a tiny circle of brightness if I put the light object up high.
Captain_Destro
UNATCO

Post by Captain_Destro »

I honestly don't have a clue in regards to lighting :/
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Is there a way to get an NPC to just run in place without going anywhere? As if they were on a treadmill.

I tried setting "RunningTo" as the Orders, then setting their groundspeed to 0, but they seem to run then stop, run then stop when they need to be constantly running.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

SilverSpook wrote:Is there a way to get an NPC to just run in place without going anywhere? As if they were on a treadmill.

I tried setting "RunningTo" as the Orders, then setting their groundspeed to 0, but they seem to run then stop, run then stop when they need to be constantly running.
yeah you use dispatchers to repeat animation triggers set to run.

I did that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZh_GCH5lHY
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

Captain_Destro wrote:Change the AI Style of the NPCs to a Sniper. I think thats what I did in the Modern Weapons mod.

Combat-> Combat Style -1 as a setting.

Also making the hearing and vision more sensitive makes it a bit more realistic. Helps with reaction time and making combat much better.
Oh, do you have a list of the combat styles?
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

SilverSpook wrote:Cool, that seems to help. Can't pwn everyone with a handgun and 25% health anymore.

Is there a way to have like a ceiling light in the middle of the room that casts shadows around while still having the ceiling lit? I notice in the DX levels that there are lights placed about midway between the floor and ceiling generally. I like the effect of the shadows when the light's up high, but the ceiling just shows up matte black with a tiny circle of brightness if I put the light object up high.
You can change the surface to special lit, and place a light in there and turn bSpecialLight, or whatever, on. And the surface and the light will be exclusive to each other in this way.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Neveos wrote:
SilverSpook wrote:Is there a way to get an NPC to just run in place without going anywhere? As if they were on a treadmill.

yeah you use dispatchers to repeat animation triggers set to run.

I did that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZh_GCH5lHY
Cool thanks. One question though: the animation trigger, is that a class of trigger? I can't seem to find it in the list.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

It's one of the triggers uploaded here: http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... 36&t=10761.
That thread should really be a sticky.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Thanks.

How do you make it so that if one NPC of a certain alliance that is friendly to the player gets attacked, all of the NPCs of that alliance turn hostile to you? Like if you attack one gang member, they all start attacking you.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Is there any way to ensure that the during a conversation the choices are always visible? It seems like if there are more than three choices, the last conversation choice gets cut off the screen in certain resolutions.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

SilverSpook wrote:Is there any way to ensure that the during a conversation the choices are always visible? It seems like if there are more than three choices, the last conversation choice gets cut off the screen in certain resolutions.
you could use a "see more" option.