Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
SilverSpook
MJ12

Re: Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

Post by SilverSpook »

Terminus Machina is officially released!

So the leading issue right now is: "When I attempt to launch Terminus Machina from the shortcut, it tries to find "C:\deusex\system\sstm.exe" and it says that the specified path couldn't be found."

To fix this basically you have to modify the shortcut to point to wherever you've installed Deus Ex.

Is there an easier way around this? The shortcut I basically just added to the zip file installer (had trouble making the exe)
Suvlaco
NSF

Post by Suvlaco »

I had issues getting it to run yesterday =/ Modified the shortcut (I figured that out :p ) but it constantly loaded up with normal DX game (training map, new game with menu map etc).
Will give it another shot today, but curious if you'll be working out an installer any time soon?
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

I'll try and work out an installer, do you know of any ones that area easy to use?

Also, when you run Terminus Machina are you running the shortcut file in DeusEx/System called "TerminusMachina"?
Suvlaco
NSF

Post by Suvlaco »

Yep, I followed the instructions and ran the shortcut (modified to fit my install directory on Steam) as well as using the Steam fix file...
I'll give it another shot this evening and see how I go. I may have just missed something small. Looking forward to this either way :) All these new DX mods have motivated me to return to mine... =D>
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Hm, yeah, hope we can sort that out... Glad that you're getting back into the DX modding groove. We can never have enough DX mods!

Hmm, yeah you might want to check your Terminus.ini to see if there's any weird directories in there. I know one guy with Steam had to mess with his paths in his .ini file to get things to work.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

SilverSpook wrote:Terminus Machina is officially released!

So the leading issue right now is: "When I attempt to launch Terminus Machina from the shortcut, it tries to find "C:\deusex\system\sstm.exe" and it says that the specified path couldn't be found."

To fix this basically you have to modify the shortcut to point to wherever you've installed Deus Ex.

Is there an easier way around this? The shortcut I basically just added to the zip file installer (had trouble making the exe)
It's out? For real? Maybe I'll have to try it then. :mrgreen:

Congratulations on making this happen. Man! DX fans are really spoiled lately...
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I'm wondering if we can make this work with kentie's launcher like other mods.
I've downloaded it so I'll have a play with the files and see what I come up with!
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

I think at least one tester tried and it should work, although I'm not sure if they actually put it into the launcher or just used it with kentie's renderer stuff.
Suvlaco
NSF

Post by Suvlaco »

I got it all working :) Just ended up making my own shortcuts and so on and it ended up ok :)
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Had to change the shortcut to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Deus Ex\System\sstm.exe" INI="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Deus Ex\System\Terminus.ini" USERINI="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DeusEx\System\TerminusUser.ini" -h4x0r

I've got into the game but none of the controls work.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Controls don't work? Like you can't move or do anything or is it just certain keys don't work?
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Suvlaco wrote:I got it all working Just ended up making my own shortcuts and so on and it ended up ok
Nice job :)

Anyone know an easy way to make an installer that will just generate those shortcuts and paths and such automatically? I'm looking into a few but I'm kinda short on time to work on TM right now.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

SilverSpook wrote:Controls don't work? Like you can't move or do anything or is it just certain keys don't work?
I can't even bring the menu up. Clicking, pressing escape, nothing.
I went into the User.ini file and added 'talk' and managed to get the legend menu up and open a map to see if other controls (movement) worked but they don't.

Maybe I need to have more of a play with the files.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

You have to run the "TerminusMachina" shortcut file to play the game and the ini file is actually "TerminusUser.ini". Maybe take a look at the TerminusUser file? Also, if you changed the shortcut file, you have to also change the paths for the Terminus.ini and TerminusUser.ini in the shortcut.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

SilverSpook wrote:You have to run the "TerminusMachina" shortcut file to play the game and the ini file is actually "TerminusUser.ini". Maybe take a look at the TerminusUser file? Also, if you changed the shortcut file, you have to also change the paths for the Terminus.ini and TerminusUser.ini in the shortcut.
Done and done. Way ahead of you brother.
Even with this, nothing works. That was the .ini I edited. It's very strange.