Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
SilverSpook
MJ12

Re: Terminus Machina - A DX Mod

Post by SilverSpook »

Hm, yeah that might work.

Also, it seems like when I give ammo in a conversation with transferobject (I'm giving shotgun ammo - ammoshell) it gives the player like 23 clips of ammo. It does that if I say to transfer 1 or 8 or whatever number of ammo, it always gives like the max ammo.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Looking for music for this mod. Especially something for the nightclub. Email or post here or IM.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

For items there is PlayerViewOffset and PlayerViewScale, but is there something that can set the item's rotation while the player is holding it? Like a rotation offset? I'm modifying an item but all I can see is its back when I'm in player view. Once the item is dropped then its orientation looks ok.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

When it's dropped presumably its rotation is irrelevant (if it's something like a medkit) or it's using a different mesh anyway (if it's something like a weapon).

Either way, import the mesh with yaw=128 in the import line and it'll be rotated 180 degrees (it's weird pseudo-binary rotation, so 256 = 360 degrees).
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Hm, thing is, it's the LAM mesh which I'm just retexturing. Is there a way to rotate it from within another package?
DDL

Post by DDL »

Erm....if it's just the LAM mesh, then it really shouldn't be reversed. How exactly are you doing this?
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

I'm actually taking the LAM mesh and retexturing it for something else - it's a bomb but a different kind. It's not thrown or stuck onto walls which is why I don't want to use the normal playerview. I'm using the pickup model of the LAM, the one with no hands, for the first person view.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

It looks like I'm going to try to do a release by the end of this year seeing as how response has been pretty unanimous of putting out a playable demo even if it is rough and short. I'm going to try for the end of December but if not early next depending on how long it takes to work out the mission critical bugs and make install files that work etc.

As such I'm going to put in a request for ASAP help with these listed by priority:

Voice Acting - Many small parts male and female and a couple larger ones.
Textures - Level textures, character textures
2D art / Menus - still need lots of little menu art for all the new skills.
Models - IED, maglex car, bicycle, solar radio
Music - A rundown-future club track in particular for the gang's strip club

Message me or PM me on Moddb or email etc. The more help I can get the faster I can get Terminus Machina out there.

THANKS!
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Is it really only possible for any given conversation to trigger one event at the end? I'd like to have a conversation end two different ways triggering to separate events but it seems like the "trigger" conversation element only works if it is the very last thing in a conversation.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Does anyone know where the default skill levels are? Like I want to have the player not start with one level of training in pistols.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

SilverSpook wrote:Is it really only possible for any given conversation to trigger one event at the end? I'd like to have a conversation end two different ways triggering to separate events but it seems like the "trigger" conversation element only works if it is the very last thing in a conversation.
could you be more specific? dont understand what isnt working
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

SilverSpook wrote:Does anyone know where the default skill levels are? Like I want to have the player not start with one level of training in pistols.
Pistols are the only skill with a non-zero skill level to start. In the original game, this was bugged (you could decrement your pistol skill down to Untrained and would still start off with it at Trained, but also get the free skill points), but in Deus Ex 2.0, Human Renovation, and Shifter that's fixed and is handled in PreBeginPlay() in SkillWeaponPistol.uc.
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Thanks Gflex.
Neveos wrote:
SilverSpook wrote:Is it really only possible for any given conversation to trigger one event at the end? I'd like to have a conversation end two different ways triggering to separate events but it seems like the "trigger" conversation element only works if it is the very last thing in a conversation.
could you be more specific? dont understand what isnt working
Like if you have a conversation with two choices with two different triggered events depending on what you do:

choice A: blah blah

Trigger Event A

(END CONVERSATION)

choice B: bleh bleh

Trigger event B

In this case, only event B seems to get triggered because it happens at the very end of the conversation file. The event that comes after choice A doesn't happen because it happens in the middle of the conversation file.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

You can't have different conversation choices set different flags, even?
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

That's possible, but then how would I get the other event to trigger?

For example, one choice in the conversation triggers an alliance trigger to make the NPC turn hostile towards you.

The other choice triggers an orders trigger that makes them move out of the way (let you pass).