Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues] [SPOILERS]

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
CrocMagnum
NSF

Re: Deus Ex: Nihilum [Post-Release Issues] [SPOILERS]

Post by CrocMagnum »

FastGamerr wrote:...@CrocMagnum: Did you do the whole Alistair scenario? As in, pay him the 5000 bucks, get rid of the bots, meet him behind the Johnson Pharmacy, let him roll (i.e. kill all the gang members) all the way to the subway entrance where he's like "LIKE A BOSS!"? Because as soon as he reaches that part, the flag for "Alistair appears to kick MacFarlane's ass at the Estate" is activated.
ggrotz wrote:...Addressing @CrocMagnum: Yeah, if you look at the dialogue, the 5000 credits is for his help in clearing out the gangs and not for anything at the Cutter Estate. Which means you have to find him behind the Johnson Pharmacy, follow him through a couple of doors, watch him take out some gang members (if you didn't) and then wait until he gets to the entrance to the Cutter Estate map before he'll show up with MacFarlane...
Oh! Sounds like I missed the meeting behind the Pharmacy. :mrgreen:

Thank you both kindly.
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

No prob. I'm glad that you just forgot to check out the back of the pharmacy, instead of there being some kinda major game/sequence breaking bug involved. ;)

(Then again, with DXN, finding out that there isn't a bug in one part is usually followed by it turning out that there's a bug elsewhere!)
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Here's a new patch that adds some items in the beginning of the Epilogue DLC and another instance of the Old Town Hall Interior key to a new location:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/nihilum/downloads/dxn-addon2
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

FastGamerr wrote:Here's a new patch that adds some items in the beginning of the Epilogue DLC and another instance of the Old Town Hall Interior key to a new location:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/nihilum/downloads/dxn-addon2
Thanks! I'll have a look again soon...
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Forever A'waitin...
Forever A'waitin...
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

1) Can you still talk to him to at that point?

2) And/or are the flags like this in the flag section of the "legend" command?
Attachments
dd.jpg
dd.jpg (10.09 KiB) Viewed 13393 times
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

3) And did he just completely ignore you when you returned from the basement?

If your answer to any of those was "Yes", I'm quite stumped!

4) Helps a lot if you have saved the game in the basement before talking to ZED: Does Alistair always ignore you like that when you return from the basement?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Relax, it's not a bug. Just a screen shot of something interesting (to me) I was able to do. Unless you intended the player to have to talk to Alistair at that point...in that case...well...
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

( Yeah, it's the sad side effect of having witnessed all those crazy bugs I've had to fix in all these years... and some which I haven't ;] )

At which part is this? Alistair is only supposed to appear after you've talked to ZED (the power grid doesn't have to be disabled, since Alistair's not with UNATCO).

... Other than that, yeah, he's just supposed to be standing there like a weirdo (or about to patrol in the area if you've already talked to him in that level). ;)
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

FastGamerr wrote: At which part is this? Alistair is only supposed to appear after you've talked to ZED (the power grid doesn't have to be disabled, since Alistair's not with UNATCO).
After I talked to ZED. Really the main proof of that screen shot is that you can make it that you really don't have to talk to Alistair at all if you don't want to.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Whew, then it's all good. ;)

Yeah, while him just standing around like that can seem a bit weird, it does emphasize his completely optional nature in the mod.

In fact, if you choose to continue to the Epilogue DLC at Dynamene and didn't do the full Alistair scenario in Queens, the Alistair in the Epilogue DLC won't even make an appearance.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Very minor (solely cosmetic) fixes incorporated to the latest patch:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/nihilum/downloads/dxn-addon3

Also, I've got to admit that I do think that some parts, like the one in this screenshot, could be OR could have been fleshed out quite a lot more (namely, if you use tranq darts to take out all the snipers on the roof, that brown-bricked area in the screenshot could have open windows/platforms with more snipers patrolling in the area, taking you down if they notice you just hanging from the ladder)... well, at the moment I don't feel like wanting to deal with BSP again (new BSP holes would appear elsewhere in the level and I'd have to fix a lot of the door hinges/other pivot points again). :P
Attachments
barren.jpg
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Now this IS a bug...
Now this IS a bug...
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

I guess my texturing fix didn't go as smoothly as I thought (just replacing the old textures with fixed ones). I'll check it soon.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

... unless you were referring to the Paratrooper Rifle bug! Dammit, PastGamerr!

Anyway, fixed both of those issues here (hopefully):

https://www.moddb.com/mods/nihilum/down ... xn-addon35