Dragon Tooth Sword: Less space

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
CodyM
Thug

Dragon Tooth Sword: Less space

Post by CodyM »

Is there anyway to edit a weapon so that it takes up less room in the inventory? The DT Sword for example never really made much sense in the amount of space it took up in the inventory. It was supposed to be similar to that of a Lightsaber in activation. It was just supposed to be a hilt while inactive, and then form a blade at a push of a button. So why is it that it takes up so many inventory blocks? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Is there anyway to change the amount of space an item takes up in the inventory? I would like to make it so that the DTS only takes up one block of space in the inventory like it should. I mean the hilt is roughly around the same size as a prod or a pistol, so it is only reasonable for it to take up the same amount of space in the inventory.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Dragon Tooth Sword: Less space

Post by Cybernetic pig »

CodyM wrote:Is there anyway to edit a weapon so that it takes up less room in the inventory? The DT Sword for example never really made much sense in the amount of space it took up in the inventory. It was supposed to be similar to that of a Lightsaber in activation. It was just supposed to be a hilt while inactive, and then form a blade at a push of a button. So why is it that it takes up so many inventory blocks? Doesn't make much sense to me.
Gameplay>Simulation in this instance of course. It was done for balancing. It's ridiculous enough that it already dealt 100 damage without any investment in combat strength or Low-tech.
Is there anyway to change the amount of space an item takes up in the inventory? I would like to make it so that the DTS only takes up one block of space in the inventory like it should. I mean the hilt is roughly around the same size as a prod or a pistol, so it is only reasonable for it to take up the same amount of space in the inventory.
You will have to extract the classes, edit the code and then recompile. Know anything about programming?
CodyM
Thug

Post by CodyM »

Gameplay>Simulation in this instance of course. It was done for balancing. It's ridiculous enough that it already dealt 100 damage without any investment in combat strength or Low-tech.
I understood the reasoning behind it just fine. I just would like to change it. I mean I beat the game a dozen times over as it is so, a little cheat like that isn't a big deal.
You will have to extract the classes, edit the code and then recompile. Know anything about programming?
Not a damn thing.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

CodyM wrote:
I understood the reasoning behind it just fine. I just would like to change it. I mean I beat the game a dozen times over as it is so, a little cheat like that isn't a big deal.
Fancy giving my mod a playthrough, featuring a 1x1 sized dragon's tooth sword as you desire? ...though the inventory icon will not be scaled, I'm not going that far. Mind you the damaged is reduced on it in GMDX also.

I'm looking for as much feedback as I can get before the next release.

If not, I cannot give you vanilla code just with this requested change as everything is setup revolving around the mod. Maybe someone else could though.
CodyM
Thug

Post by CodyM »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
CodyM wrote:
Fancy giving my mod a playthrough, featuring a 1x1 sized dragon's tooth sword as you desire? ...though the inventory icon will not be scaled, I'm not going that far. Mind you the damaged is reduced on it in GMDX also.

I'm looking for as much feedback as I can get before the next release.

If not, I cannot give you vanilla code just with this requested change as everything is setup revolving around the mod. Maybe someone else could though.
That's the mod in your sig right? Sure I'll check it out. Thanks.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Download and install the version 6 beta via the link. Follow the v6 installation guide on the moddb page.
PM me when you are installed correctly and I'll send you the updated files which will also include your 1x1 Dragon's tooth.
CorinthMaxwell
NSF

Post by CorinthMaxwell »

You meant like this, right? I helped a guy work on that a few years ago........the whole point of it was just to see if it were possible to do. :/
Last edited by CorinthMaxwell on Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin: "Holy flying snotburgers, Batman!"
Batman: o_0 O_0 o.0 O.0
CodyM
Thug

Post by CodyM »

CorinthMaxwell wrote:You meant like this, right? I helped a guy work on that a few years ago........the whole point of it was just to see if it were possible to do. :/

Yes actually! That is exactly what I was talking about. How did you do that?
CorinthMaxwell
NSF

Post by CorinthMaxwell »

CodyM wrote:Yes actually! That is exactly what I was talking about. How did you do that?
It's a terribly complicated process, most of which is explained in the "How to add Custom Textures" page at Tack's Deus Ex Lab. I wish I could explain in detail, but it's something that I'm personally re-learning to do, what with me not having done any mod work on this game in a few years. #-o
Robin: "Holy flying snotburgers, Batman!"
Batman: o_0 O_0 o.0 O.0
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

I like this 0.0 Nanokeys.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Jack90
UNATCO

Post by Jack90 »

We also use high-quality moving blankets and straps to secure your items in the truck to prevent any shifting or damage during transit. Our moving trucks are regularly maintained and inspected to ensure that they are in good condition and equipped with all the necessary safety features. Car Shipping Rates Beaver County, Pennsylvania
john00
NSF

Post by john00 »

In addition to their durability, granite kitchen sinks are also incredibly easy to clean and maintain. Unlike some other materials, such as stainless steel or porcelain, granite sinks don't show water spots or fingerprint marks, which means you can keep them looking great with minimal effort. Going Here