Kelkos has been banned for the time being

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Kelkos has been banned for the time being

Post by Jonas »

It was strike three.

I'm sorry to ban anyone since there are so few active users left on this board, but he was really cocking things up around here.

He may be unbanned in the future once he's had some time to cool his heels, but for now let's see if the general discourse doesn't clear up a bit without him.

I encourage everyone else to please be civil and respectful towards each other when you guys post here :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Mortecha
UNATCO

Re: Kelkos has been banned for the time being

Post by Mortecha »

It is better to have a quieter forum where posts are meaningful and on topic than to have a more active forum where most posts are spamy, irrelevant or just plain idiotic.

I hope in the time you give him, he becomes wiser as I suspect he's just a kid who doesn't know better, but also does not listen to anyone either.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

I couldn't stand Kelkos (or SkrillaX), and I think he was deserving a ban for spamming, childish behavior and all around rudeness. I do not know if he can or will change, and I don't really care - that's really up to him, and if he continues acting the same way I hope the banhammer will be swifter this time.

That being said, I think we, as a community, handled this poorly. Participating in a flame war and railing on someone is something that should never happen, especially when it's done as a group against one person - and it doesn't really matter who started it, the group or the person.
Putting aside Kelkos's emotional maturity, it's also quite obvious he isn't a native English speaker and (probably) didn't ignore our passive-aggressiveness by choice and it just went over his head. It doesn't justify how he acted, but our responses to his actions could've prevented it from becoming a total disaster as it did.

Off topic in an off-topic thread in the Off Topic Productions forums (yes, I went there):
Why is this thread is DXEditing?
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Made in China wrote:Off topic in an off-topic thread in the Off Topic Productions forums (yes, I went there):
Why is this thread is DXEditing?
Well... just look at the Author colomn in the board overview.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah, as Hanfling said. This is where he was most active, so it seemed appropriate to post the notification here.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine