Laser Beam Projectors

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Stanton_Blackbyrd
Thug

Laser Beam Projectors

Post by Stanton_Blackbyrd »

How would one go about making these little devices actually targetable & destructible via conventional means? In the game's code, it says that both "LaserTrigger" and "BeamTrigger" are vulnerable to "Shot" damage, but using a sniper rifle or pistol with max. damage upgrades & max Rifle & Pistol skills against them doesn't even manage to slightly dent these objects.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Laser Beam Projectors

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Damage upgrades? You managed to setup modding GMDX then I take it.

Check out the parent class:

Code: Select all

function PostBeginPlay()
{
	if ( !bInitiallyActive )
		FindTriggerActor();
	if ( TriggerType == TT_Shoot )
	{
		bHidden = false;
		bProjTarget = true;
		DrawType = DT_None;
	}

Super.PostBeginPlay();
}
bProjTarget is false by default and only set true if TriggerType=TT_Shoot. To resolve, simply write bProjTarget=True in LaserTrigger.uc default properties.

This is without having tried it myself and only looking into it briefly, so don't be upset if I'm wrong.
Jack90
UNATCO

Re: Laser Beam Projectors

Post by Jack90 »

Toddlers are known for their curiosity and love to explore their surroundings. However, this can also lead to accidents if they come into contact with sharp edges and corners on their bed or bed frame. To prevent injuries, parents should choose a bed with rounded edges and corners or cover sharp edges with foam padding. https://mytoddlerbed.com/best-bunk-bed-for-toddler/