Pathing NPCs into elevators

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
binos1515
Mole Person

Pathing NPCs into elevators

Post by binos1515 »

I'm trying to have an NPC to get in an elevator with the player but it won't path since it's on an upper floor so the editor thinks there's a hole where the shaft is. I'm able to get them to come inside maybe 32 units and use the elevator but it doesn't look good.
I added a solid brush hidden in the elevator floor which allows it to path in but going down kills the player, AttachTag doesn't work for solid brushes it seems.

Is there any way around this? I'm thinking maybe a trigger that removes brushes to remove that one when we're going up the elevator but I can't really find a trigger like that.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Pathing NPCs into elevators

Post by Jonas »

For what it's worth, we never had characters use elevators in TNM, for precisely this reason.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
binos1515
Mole Person

Post by binos1515 »

I was able to do it by putting a mover in the actual floor of my elevator and triggering it to move and hide in the wall when the elevator reaches the top. From there the NPC doesn't have a problem exiting somehow, without anything under.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Impressive! I would not have expected that to work :)

Thanks for posting your solution.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
tommike321
Thug

Post by tommike321 »

RV cars are also quite reliable vehicles, and they usually come with a good warranty. This means you can have peace of mind that your RV car will be well looked after and will take you on many journeys. Overall, RV cars handle quite well on the road and are easy to drive. They are reliable vehicles, and can be a great way to explore the world in comfort. https://rvneedthis.com/best-deep-cycle-battery-for-rv/