How close to Deus Ex is Bloodlines?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Re: How close to Deus Ex is Bloodlines?

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Jaedar wrote:but the rest is just as average as that of NWN2 or BG2.
Screw you. I loved that game.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

~Psychotic~ wrote:
I'm sure it is a good game, it just has average combat. I mean I love NWN2 (or rather, the first expansion MoTB) but I can still realize that the combat is just that - Average.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Jaedar wrote:
~Psychotic~ wrote:
I'm sure it is a good game, it just has average combat. I mean I love NWN2 (or rather, the first expansion MoTB) but I can still realize that the combat is just that - Average.
You may as well include Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate (the original) and Neverwinter Nights in that too, because they're all the same practically (in terms of combat). Hell, possibly even MMO's like WoW to a lesser extent. You're still bashing buttons.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

I never liked WOW.

If you like FPS/RPGs like Deus Ex, System Shock, etc then most likely you will like bloodlines. It has vary similar gameplay to other FPS/RPGs but with some cool ideas like 3ed person melee combat. You solve problems almost the same way you do in Deus Ex however I would say that bloodlines is a little faster paced. The only real problem with it is that the development team should have spent another year or too on it. It's a really good game but it is also a vary broken game.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

~Psychotic~ wrote: You may as well include Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate (the original) and Neverwinter Nights in that too
I'm sure I could, but I never played them, and commenting on them seems wrong.
~Psychotic~ wrote:Hell, possibly even MMO's like WoW to a lesser extent. You're still bashing buttons.
That is not why D&D doesn't work in realtime. It has nothing to do with WoW or other MMOs. It is a turnbased system built around throwing dice, turning it into realtime and removing the dice is not an easy thing to do.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

Jonas wrote: I was trying to make a joke (and apparently failing) about how ridiculous the question in this topic title is (no offense Deuxhero).
I heard Bloodlines called a spiritual successor to Deus Ex, how is it a ridiculous question to ask what others think of it's similarity?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

That's not what you asked, you asked "How close to Deus Ex is Bloodlines?" which is a meaningless question. Close in what sense?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Also I'd just like to say I hate the "topic", or (nt) practice. It's like if I wrote an essay heading and then continued it by putting "words". Most of the time, as Jonas so aptly put, the topic doesn't say all that needs to be said!
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I think that's unfair, I understood what he meant by the topic title and while he could have put a more text in the body of the message, to critique his topic making skill is going a little too far as well imo.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

*Hides behind cover*

I know I will get shot at by everyone for this, but, I didn't really like the game that much.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Xesum wrote:*Hides behind cover*

I know I will get shot at by everyone for this, but, I didn't really like the game that much.
Fuck I can't believe I'm saying this, but you are entitled not to like it. It took me two playthroughs of DX before i fell in love with it.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

*Shoot LAW, LAM, GEP-Gun, Quad Rocket Launcher before jumping over the cover sucking all you blood out (it's a combat zone, so no humanity lost)*
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Hassat Hunter wrote:

*Shoot LAW, LAM, GEP-Gun, Quad Rocket Launcher before jumping over the cover sucking all you blood out (it's a combat zone, so no humanity lost)*
My EMP shield was on. :)
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Surely Aggressive Defence would be better and result in the vampire being repeatedly blown to bits, or at least to have to like its entrails off the floor.
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

If vampires ain't your thing then I can easily see that this game won't change your mind on the subject.

I always felt that some of the endings where a bit lame. Although the Indy Anna Jones ending was kinda funny.