Re-Playing The Nameless Mod

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re-Playing The Nameless Mod

Post by nerdenstein »

So, Finally got myself a working gaming machine.

Decided on a replay of The Nameless Mod.
And I'm amazed at the number of simple little things I missed out first few times I'd played it.
This is my.. forth or fifth play through I think.
Decided on a PDX Playthrough. Deciding on what Cult to side with before heading off into the Server Complex.

Few things I've noticed since the last time I played this months ago.

1) I've just given DT the fake weapon plans from Abom (Was planning on sideing with the Llamas.) Went to the Goat City, forgetting I'm supposed to go tell Abom where the City is before going to the Server Complex.
Got into the Server Complex and both Cults PM me telling me they hate me?! Cutting out a substantical part of the game.
I've got a Save game from just before giving DT the plans so it isn't a problem, but now I'm kinda considering sideing neither and just beating the shit out of both sides. Problem is, I'd lose out on quite a few rewards that I could get through doing various side quests. Suggestions?

2) Coffee gives Bio-Energy as well as health?! According to Level Transition hints :P

3) IRC Chat isn't working? Telling me I need to register or something. I will check this out anyway, but both through the console and through a computer, It was being odd.

Now that I think about it, I need to remember to find the hidden messages 'Jonas Sux was it? and another one in DXI? I can't remember. Oh and the fake IRC Chat in DXI where you can talk to Narcissus.

That is all, Thank you for this amazing mod.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Re-Playing The Nameless Mod

Post by Jonas »

nerdenstein wrote:I've got a Save game from just before giving DT the plans so it isn't a problem, but now I'm kinda considering sideing neither and just beating the shit out of both sides. Problem is, I'd lose out on quite a few rewards that I could get through doing various side quests. Suggestions?
I think you can just steal most of what you'd get otherwise, but you'll have to expend some effort to get the keys and what-not. I may be wrong though, it's amazing how much stuff you can forget in a year.

You're welcome :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, there is the 750XP (excuse me, skill points) for killing Beefman or Athena.

Aside from that, not much I think.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

So you can choose neither side without losing out completely.
I may try that on a Worldcorp playthrough.
I'll side with the Llama's this time round.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.