Windows 7 & Deus Ex

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Windows 7 & Deus Ex

Post by Jonas »

Try downloading the enhanced D3D9 renderer. Or even D3D10 if your video card supports it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Unfortunately that is not an option since I run with an Intel 915 :(
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

the game runs really fast for me in windowed mode. somehing to do with win7 me thinks. Kentie fix does not work.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Bumpity bump!

Ok, clever internet folks: having decided that since in the near future I'm going to be constantly working so late that I technically am working early, and that most of that work will be brief periods of frantic pipetting and measuring, interspersed with long periods of soul-searching and lamenting my shitty job, I have bought a laptop, so at least I can substitute "doing some mapping/coding/HDTP" in place of the soul-searching/lamenting.

Tis a fairly shitty 'made for non-gamer types' laptop, onboard graphics, etc etc, but hey: all it needs to run are programs made back in 2000, so who cares, right?

However (as you might've guessed) it's windows 7 (64 bit, I think, too). Not liking win 7 much so far, it's got all of vista's prissy nature retained ("You have clicked yes! If this was actually you doing this, and not malicious malware, click yes!" ...goto 10), and ...it's not XP, damnit.

Also, it seems to not want to run unrealEd, at all. DX runs fine, doesn't even need compatibility modes or anything. The SDK installer program gave me no end of shit about fucking dll files until I ran it in XP SP3 mode, and then it was fine. Conedit works perfectly. UnrealEd, no: complains about dll files.

I try to set it to XP compatibility and this time, nothing: it asks if it should run ("this program wants to use your computer!!!111 Is this you?") and then simply doesn't run: nothing happens.

UEd2 even appears to work perfectly, which is nice (and DOESN'T ask permission, which may be relevant)...but I really need UEd1 to run.

Well, need might be to strong a word, I guess....but on a scale of "don't give a shit" to "will die without it", it's probably around the middle.

Also, apologies is this is rambling and largely nonsensical: I'm not getting a lot of sleep at the moment (see above).

Any suggestions?
DDL

Post by DDL »

Fucksake, nvm: moving the requested DLLs from system32 to sysWOW64 makes it happy.

So far.

So uh...use this space to let me know of any pitfalls I might not have encountered yet? Sorry!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah I found out the hard way about that. The first day after my new computer was bought I was transferring some files from the old one and managed to put some 32 OS stuff on the new one resulting in not being able to boot. Bless the last known good config option and the delete key. :(
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey, does this mean you'll be on MSN more? That would be a net win. Uh, for the rest of us.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine