Revision Demo 1.3...

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

dains
Thug

Re: Revision Demo 1.3...

Post by dains »

nerdenstein wrote:Nope, should work fine!
There may be a need for a few setting tweaks depending so if it doesn't work straight away, let us know! It should do though... ;)
Woot the best possible answer. I'll crank that up right now. If I find any issues, I'll put them on the bug thread here/on your forums.
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

And crap. My machine (W7 64bit and ATI 4650) needs Kentie's fixed exe to run. The stock DeusEx.exe and Revision.exe both have the same issue - game starts, video doesn't, game minimizes with audio playing, and that's as far as it gets :(

Oh well - let me know if you integrate Kentie's exe into Revision, I'd love to give it a spin!
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

dains wrote:Hi there, just downloaded the Revision 1.3 mod and realized that I should check for compatibility issues with other mods. I don't see any information about that on moddb or your website. Can you let me know if it's got any issues with Biomod/Shifter 1.84 and New Vision? I'm running both right now and happy happy about them, so I'm really hoping the answer is "nope, go right ahead and make Revision part of your mod buffet" :)
Most of the mods will work with Revision, however some features like unique weapons for Shifter doesn't work at 100%. That's because Shifter hardcodes the location to the weapons in the code, and since we are changing the map layout those coordinates could be virtually anywhere, even inside a building. Also I'm not sure that the custom e-mails that Shifter brings will show up atm, we are however working on this.
dains wrote:And crap. My machine (W7 64bit and ATI 4650) needs Kentie's fixed exe to run. The stock DeusEx.exe and Revision.exe both have the same issue - game starts, video doesn't, game minimizes with audio playing, and that's as far as it gets :(

Oh well - let me know if you integrate Kentie's exe into Revision, I'd love to give it a spin!
We are using this launcher http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/
It's much less hassle than using Kentie's exe since it's just like the vanilla launcher (no configuration and shit) but it has multi-core support and turns of speedstepping. However it sounds like you are having a render issue. Try using the updated OpenGL, it's what I use.
http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Thanks bjorn!

Oh, Dain, remember to rename the new Deus Ex launcher you download from that link, to Revision.exe so that when you launch the Revision Shortcut from the Startmenu, it'll run the .exe with the fixes.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:
dains wrote:Hi there, just downloaded the Revision 1.3 mod and realized that I should check for compatibility issues with other mods. I don't see any information about that on moddb or your website. Can you let me know if it's got any issues with Biomod/Shifter 1.84 and New Vision? I'm running both right now and happy happy about them, so I'm really hoping the answer is "nope, go right ahead and make Revision part of your mod buffet" :)
Most of the mods will work with Revision, however some features like unique weapons for Shifter doesn't work at 100%. That's because Shifter hardcodes the location to the weapons in the code, and since we are changing the map layout those coordinates could be virtually anywhere, even inside a building. Also I'm not sure that the custom e-mails that Shifter brings will show up atm, we are however working on this.
dains wrote:And crap. My machine (W7 64bit and ATI 4650) needs Kentie's fixed exe to run. The stock DeusEx.exe and Revision.exe both have the same issue - game starts, video doesn't, game minimizes with audio playing, and that's as far as it gets :(

We are using this launcher http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/
It's much less hassle than using Kentie's exe since it's just like the vanilla launcher (no configuration and shit) but it has multi-core support and turns of speedstepping. However it sounds like you are having a render issue. Try using the updated OpenGL, it's what I use.
http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
I'll give it a shot Bjorn, thanks for the links! I dont' have a problem with Kentie's launcher config myself, it's easy to use and I appreciate the options. And it's been a total pillar of compatibility too, it just runs the dang game on a machine that had every issue in the book until then :)
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

nerdenstein wrote:Thanks bjorn!

Oh, Dain, remember to rename the new Deus Ex launcher you download from that link, to Revision.exe so that when you launch the Revision Shortcut from the Startmenu, it'll run the .exe with the fixes.
Will do NS!

...waitasec. If I can use another launcher by renaming it, can I use Kentie's launcher by doing the same?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

dains wrote:

Will do NS!

...waitasec. If I can use another launcher by renaming it, can I use Kentie's launcher by doing the same?
Yup. I think... :mrgreen:

EDIT: Actually, tried it with the Hardcore DX Mod, I'm not so sure. The Hardcore mod does run in a different way though so I could be doubting myself for nothing.
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

I think that having NSF soldiers right next to the leader on Liberty Island is a bad idea - I started the conversation with him before the soldiers could kill me and they died right in front of me at the end of the conversation as UNATCO cleaned through them like a hot knife through butter.

Otherwise you could force players to take out those two soldiers before being able to begin the conversation with the leader.
Last edited by kdawg88 on Sat May 14, 2011 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

nerdenstein wrote:
dains wrote:

Will do NS!

Yup. I think... :mrgreen:

EDIT: Actually, tried it with the Hardcore DX Mod, I'm not so sure. The Hardcore mod does run in a different way though so I could be doubting myself for nothing.
And I'm sad to report total failure. Nothing I do runs Revision, regardless of which launcher, how it's renamed, which video driver, etc. I followed all advice and experimented more too :( The only configuration that works is Kentie's Deus Ex with DirectX10 or OpenGL (but that's limited in resolutions, so DX it is).

Just ftr, Sony Vaio laptop with ATI 4650, W7 64-bit.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I'm not surprised Kenties Launcher doesn't now that I had a play with it on a separate mod.

Looks like I'll have too do some experimenting. You must be able to get Revision to run using the default .exe and DX10 renderers?
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

nerdenstein wrote:I'm not surprised Kenties Launcher doesn't now that I had a play with it on a separate mod.

Looks like I'll have too do some experimenting. You must be able to get Revision to run using the default .exe and DX10 renderers?
No, that's the thing, the only renderers available under Revision or Bjorn's launchers are the regular DX3D one and OpenGL, and neither work. Here, I'll fire it up and get a screenshot of the launcher config for you HOLYCRAPITSWORKINGNOW!!11!

!! Well wow, no idea why, but Revision runs now. It does not have Shifter/Biomod/New Vision going, but it IS working, and seems stable at the start.

I'll throw some updates in here as to what I find. Let's see if I can get it to use DirectX10, maybe that's why the New Vision textures aren't loading.

Edit: EXCELLENT - DX10 and New Vision are up with 1 change to the Revision.ini - changing the DX renderer line to DX10. The Steam version (GOTY) under Windows 7 stores your ini files in your My Documents folder and the default game uses those. So Revision uses its own ini and you have to fix it up (and do your controls over, etc.).

Oddly, I no longer get a configure option when I start Revision, it jumps right into the game. But it works! Time to drop my midway-finished runthrough on New Vision and do it over Revision-style :D
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Excellent! Congrats on getting it working. :mrgreen:
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

nerdenstein wrote:Excellent! Congrats on getting it working. :mrgreen:
Hmm, it appears that Shifter/Biomod does not completely work in-game, even though their credits appear in the save menu. For instance. "swimming" was changed to Athetics in the skills menu. The alt-fire "throw" works though, but the jump-up feature doesn't, presumably because it was activated at Athletics level Advanced.

I'll play through until I have gotten far enough to mess with every feature of those mods and let you know what doesn't work. FTR, I copied those mods' files into the Revision folder just to see what would happen (nothing).
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

dains wrote:
Hmm, it appears that Shifter/Biomod does not completely work in-game, even though their credits appear in the save menu. For instance. "swimming" was changed to Athetics in the skills menu. The alt-fire "throw" works though, but the jump-up feature doesn't, presumably because it was activated at Athletics level Advanced.

I'll play through until I have gotten far enough to mess with every feature of those mods and let you know what doesn't work. FTR, I copied those mods' files into the Revision folder just to see what would happen (nothing).
So what exactly is it that doesn't work? :?
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

nerdenstein wrote:
dains wrote:

So what exactly is it that doesn't work? :?
Hmm found out that the Athletics skill created by Shifter is actually renamed back to Swimming when using Revision. But, the Biomod hop-up feature is working if you crank Swimming to Advanced, so it's just naming, the skill seems to be working as intended (and the other skill that Shifter combined with Swimming to make Athletics is missing from the menu). Also, Medicine is working as intended under Shifter/Biomod - one of them increased the heal to 60 points at trained, and that's up to spec.

What's not working is the skill point rewards for the use of tactical skills- a full stealth takedown for example used to get you 10 points or so. I haven't gotten a single reward yet and I'm almost done the new Liberty Island (excellent job btw, fun and realistic on Realistic :) ).