New ENBSeries Release

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Placebo
MJ12

Re: New ENBSeries Release

Post by Placebo »

slyweezy wrote:You need to do a clean install of dx for NewVison to work?
not necessarily, you only need to replace the texture files
I suspected NewVision caused my error, but the truth is OTP_UI_fix was shown in the error log, and think it could avoid uninstalling, by reverting a change in the DeusEx.ini file that needed OTP_UI_fix to work. I think the uninstalling a prerelease version TNM may have cause my issuse

I only know what I'd do your this case. If you can't find what's the issuse, uninstalling/installing is a good way of having healthy installation of the game. And savegames are always intact, or you can backup them if you like.
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.
BoneofMalkav
Thug

Post by BoneofMalkav »

I found an alternative that uses OpenGL (And barely crashes,even in extreme conditions and doesn't make dark areas darker...) but so far was only developed for unreal (gold or 224) and UT which can be found here http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 1235632308

Latest Version of it here : http://francetelecom.freehost.pl/files/ ... s-0.1.1.7z

If someone could convert this OpenGL renderer to DeusEx (from what I've experienced toying with it,It's more stable then EBN) then I
Existence is overshadowing.Severance is forbearing. Difference is continuous. Self Destruction is imminent. Pain brings dreams to closure. Death brings Life to those unchanged by the Hues of Madness
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

I have it installed but nothing happens when I hit shift + f12 like the guide says. Do I have to tie the ebn d3d9.dll into the DeusEx.ini somehow? I have everything set to be using the d3d9drv.dll for the rendering but I still cant get it to change anything.
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

That Unreal one looks quite cool. Shame I just completed my playthrough of Unreal, got Return To Na Pali to go though. Will have to give it a go.
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

The new enbseries is awesome at certain things - but it is far more crash-happy than the first release for me. Also any sort of lighting seems to mess the textures for me (almost makes the textures liquid like around the edges of the light), and some textures are way to shiny.

Right now I am using the first release - but I hope the next release fixes what was wrong in .75 because what was right was awesome (I just can't run it) :(
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Is anyone else having problems with getting the d3d9 drivers to work?
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

I do not know what the problem is, but that may be it.

It states it can not find "d3d9_40.dll" or whatever 'twas, I still need some way to fix it. :(
Placebo
MJ12

Post by Placebo »

downloading the latest DirectX9?
http://filehippo.com/download_directx/
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

this is the message that I get when I am trying to run the d3d9 driver
Attachments
Screenshot_146.jpg
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

The exact same thing happens when I try it. :(
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

If you're on Vista64 or XP64 you have to delete the existing .dlls from your SYSWOW64 directory.

Else install the latest DirectX9 as it should have the file.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Mine is xp32 bit tablet pc edition
Amenfire84
Mole Person

Post by Amenfire84 »

I have New Vision and ENB and the bloom is working fine, but the bump mapping doesn't seem to be working, i.e. that plastic-y effect that everyone's screen shots seem to have. is there something I'm missing? I've tried toggling the parameters in-game and it doesn't seem to be changing anything. I searched the forums and someone had a similar problem but the answer didn't help. Can anyone help?