Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leaked Gameplay

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leaked Gameplay

Post by bobby 55 »

Roll on March 16th 2011.
Attachments
deus ex human revolution pc.jpg
deus ex human revolution pc.jpg (4.21 KiB) Viewed 7447 times
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

I refuse to watch the leaked gameplay footage, I don't want to ruin anything...and how can you tell thats CGI footage? MGS4 had the same if not better graphics...And I know....I said limb damage lol.....which clearly showed in the trailer
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Undisputed wrote:I refuse to watch the leaked gameplay footage, I don't want to ruin anything...and how can you tell thats CGI footage? MGS4 had the same if not better graphics...And I know....I said limb damage lol.....which clearly showed in the trailer
But I said there won't be locational damage, at least for yourself, which is definitely true.
Also, it was a CGI trailer because, well, it is. It was presented as a CGI trailer by Eidos Montreal.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

We'll see, then again...If you regenerate health that would elimate the need for body limb damage unless your body parts can't regenerate if their fully injured or broken...

Wow, now thats a genius idea that needs to be done^ If they have that in the game then I want to see this room appauld =D> but really that would be amazing :P
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Undisputed wrote:I refuse to watch the leaked gameplay footage, I don't want to ruin anything...and how can you tell thats CGI footage? MGS4 had the same if not better graphics...And I know....I said limb damage lol.....which clearly showed in the trailer
Yeah but then MGS4 was just a movie.. not so much a game. And I haven't played it again since because it was totally void of fun elements.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Yeah but even the gameplay graphics of MGS4 was amazing and that was all I was saying...and MGS4 is only for people who are fans of the series and storyline, those that didn't play all of the first 3 needed to play that before hand...
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Undisputed wrote:Yeah but even the gameplay graphics of MGS4 was amazing and that was all I was saying...and MGS4 is only for people who are fans of the series and storyline, those that didn't play all of the first 3 needed to play that before hand...
You're saying this like I wasn't a fan, or that I hadn't played the previous games... which you'd be wrong. MGS4 was easily the weakest of the series both in terms of story and gameplay. (the first game being king.)

From a graphics standpoint I don't see what you mean, it didn't look any better than the games that were being released at the time. Actually Kojima explained that the PS3 actually limited the graphics quality of the game resulting in them having to loose a lot of detail in order to fit it onto the console.

Something that should be pointed out about Deus Ex 3 is that the entire cinematic parts are pre-rendered, we've seen In-Game and at present they don't look anywhere near as good as the FMVs, the style is on par with the Final Fantasy series, you'll instantly be able to see what is pre-rendered and realtime rendered.

Also the physics will stand out like an eyesore- they have possibly the worst physics engine I've ever seen in a modern game. Its dreadful. I just hope these are Alpha bugs/features.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Well, I would disagree there as well..I don't think the first is the best and I thought the graphic detail in MGS4 was great but I could be mistaken and need to play more games.

Wow, is the graphics for DX3 really that bad? You know, I noticed something while watching the trailer for DX3...Square Enix obviously makes the CGI sequences and theres a similar style and graphic content they used in a similar game called "Parasite Eve". Obviously Parasite Eve's CGI graphics are old but something is strangely similar to it, I just can't put words to explain it..

Just a example check this out then check out the Riot Scene for the DX3 trailer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbg9XbyxyIc

Its as if Square Enix hasn't changed anything in the past few decades...(If it doesn't look very alike to you then I go get glasses bc my vision is f***ed then lol)
Lucius DeBeers
Thug

Re: Leakage re-upload

Post by Lucius DeBeers »

Thanks! Also to slyspy, sly of you to up it for us to see :)

knowing that the game is intended for release also on the consoles... I am afraid it will have a similar degrading effect to the game as it did to IW. I have an old magazine previewing IW, and it was lookin' pretty good at an early stage

Edit: I watched the leak video, and I have to say, that I am not impressed. I feel like the control is being taken away from the player, I like to melee people in first person, and having to aim and doing all the hits myself. I like first person games. The series should be able to negate the need to use third person through the augmentations (invisibility/not being seen by robots/fast speed/super strength/use of the camera drone).

The truth is, IMO, that no game can be similar to the original, because it had a perfect storyline and no sequel or prequel could do a similar story, because deus ex has a particularly unique one that made you really care what happened in the game. IW was a good example of not being able to achieve this.
If eidos were to do a remake of the original, sort of like the metal gear solid: the twin snakes, but with an actually modified set of maps and sequences, improved graphics and physics and AI, basically added- on features, conversations/side- plots and ability and choices/options how to go about completing the game, yet with the same storyline, it would probably fare a much better reception.
Last edited by Lucius DeBeers on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I also saw some early images of IW and they did look quite cool,
Things I noticed was; Bigger inventory, More Aug slots and different ammo system, Presumably without Universal Ammo.
I mean, as a game IW wasn't bad, just in comparison to is way more complex predecessor it was fairly simple. But most first person shooter games are fairly simple. Just point and shoot. So IW still had more diversion of gameplay than say Half Life.

Making judgments on a game this early is bit daft and no I haven't watched the gameplay trailer but I will buy the game when it comes out and I suspect most Deus Ex fans out there will. I have my fingers crossed on this one. [-o<
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

I agree Lucius, hopefully the game is first person. Also, does that mean the developers lied about the game? They said it would be first person and it would switch to third person while in cover mode, shame on eidios for lying if thats the case...
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Have you even watched the footage? It IS first person, but with shifts to 3rd for cover and "cool" melee takedowns and the like.

Walking around town or picking up crates or whatever: first person.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I doubt you'll be able to pick up crates... after all then you could stack them and circumvent the devs carefully laid plans. Plus seeing through crates is so unrealistic(and not seeing anything is stupid), like oh my gawd, third person view is so much better.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DDL

Post by DDL »

They pick up a crate in the footage, then use it to climb through a window.

...has everyone been watching something else, or something?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

DDL wrote:They pick up a crate in the footage, then use it to climb through a window.

...has everyone been watching something else, or something?
Must have missed it.. the quality was really low iirc.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum